Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostHatch falls and very slowly servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostHatch falls and very slowly servers

Hello

I'm about 24 hours offline with HostHatch, they said they had a problem in Los Angeles and said that the problem was solved was then that recorded a huge slow down and then making my site offline for more than 24 hours.

The support is very time consuming, I would have had more HostHatch commitment to its customers, I am facing this problem for many days, unfortunately I think I'll have to choose another ISP to allocate my site.

Does anyone have any fall with recent HostHatch?

Thank you.

Comments

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited February 2016

i've seen the hosthatch site going into cloudflare offline mode a few times today and my server with them did slow down mid-day aswel but currently its all good for me.

• I have two servers and the availability for this month is below 80% .
    It looks like an issue their upstream ISP but it looks like they have no SLA with them, or a very poor one at best.

• hello

Thanks for the comments friends.
    He has just returned this time, after more than 24 hours offline (loss of rank, loss of emails and other losses), I'm thinking about changing ISP after this scare.

That really worries me.

Note: In recent days they had several slowdowns and falls, they need to fix this or will lose some customers.

Thank you.

• 2 vps on Hosthatch Hongkong,

1. 99.34%
    2. 99.99%

so far so good

• I had issues with their Swedish location at the same time they notified customers about the problems in LA, but it's been working fine the last few days now.

Allgemeine Informationen 

Prozessor :  QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)
    Prozessor-Kerne :  2
    Taktfrequenz pro Kern:  3499.998 MHz
    Arbeitsspeicher : 993 MB
    SWAP : 0 MB
    Laufzeit :   179 days, 22:19,       

Netzwerk Benchmark 

Download Geschwindigkeit:  SoftLayer (EU): 39.6MB/s 
    Download Geschwindigkeit:  DigitalOcean (EU): 76.3MB/s 
    Download Geschwindigkeit:  RamNode (EU): 39.8MB/s 
    Download Geschwindigkeit:  LeaseWeb (EU): 73.6MB/s 
    Download Geschwindigkeit:  YourServer (EU): 216MB/s 

Festplatten Benchmark

I/O Performance [1]:  516 MB/s
    I/O Performance [2]:  646 MB/s
    I/O Performance [3]:  894 MB/s

CPU Benchmark

real    0m11.886s
    user    0m11.612s
    sys 0m0.061s

• I had trouble with support not replying for a long time however I have to say their service was solid, but due to the lacking support moved to another provider

• i actually had to bump a ticket to get an issue resolved, they replied after the bump pretty fast and apologized for the delay. i'm starting to believe that they have too much of a workload and not enough people to keep everything going as it should be which is a shame because whenever support finally replies its always helpful and nice!

• plat_plat_ Member
    edited February 2016

I've been very displeased by HostHatch lately and their lack of communication and quickly deteriorating service in my eyes.

What really irks me is when I submit a ticket and it goes over 24 hours without a response, like my ticket with them now about my eight nine hour outage where my VPS was completely unavailable from about 7am CST to 4pm CST yesterday 2/22. As I type this post, there's finally a response saying sorry for the delay and to expect an RFO via email.

Far too little, far too late.

(received RFO) Now that is a detailed RFO, and a massively unfortunate series of events.

This is not the first time either I've had a ticket go a full 24 hours without an initial response from them, they did it again earlier last month when I requested some information regarding my DDoS-protected IPs - really basic stuff like why isn't UDP being blocked (with provided tcpdumps to prove it).

When I was relayed a response from Staminus saying their tests show UDP being blocked properly, I ran the same tests as earlier and behold UDP was blocked now, with neither Staminus nor HostHatch saying they changed anything. I'm not saying anything other than what I observed.

There was also a couple of smaller outages on 2/19, my ticket was at least responded to quickly and I was told network gear was being swapped out, and I shrugged the incident off until now. It turns out that was related to this.

Unacceptable service and support for anyone at any price. Time to move on. Will I stay? I don't know, let's see how things go, but I don't ever want a ticket going that long without a response again.

• EmilEmil Member, Host Rep

We sent out the detailed RFO earlier today regarding the issues in Los Angeles this weekend. For anyone interested, it can be found here. No other locations or services were affected. Our support can be somewhat lacking (especially in high traffic situations like this) but it should be much better starting from March. We are also creating a status page for situations like these where we need to keep a large amount of customers updated at the same time.

Portal showing cloudflare errors for a few minutes would be related to the load on it (and a lot of failed connections to LA servers). But it is hosted in a different data center, so it does not get affected by any service outage in any of our locations.

@epaslv Are you sure about this? It should not be anything close to 80% uptime. If you have seen anything other than what is described in the RFO, please send me a PM.

@plat_ Indeed it was an unfortunate series of events, and not even all of these events are included in the RFO. Of course we take full responsibility of any downtime - whether it was caused by our upstream providers or not. We're very sorry about this and as explained in the RFO we will work very hard to regain your trust. We've had very big growth past few months and are currently focusing hard on our support/communication side.

Feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] if I can be of any help

Thanked by 3plat_ MikePT Mark_R
  • I ordered a VPS from Sweden and it is always offline from the beginning. After two days with no answer of the ticket, I have asked Paypal for refunds.

• Calling @Abdullah - he's nice guy from support. Let's see is he available or not.