Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter Finally Rebuilt Their Website!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter Finally Rebuilt Their Website!

Delimiter.com Has A New Look!

Over the weekend we launched a temporary redesign for Delimiter.com. We felt it was time to retire the old site, dubbed "the green monstrosity" internally, and bring in a fresh new look for 2016.

Check it out here: https://www.delimiter.com

We also setup a Facebook page for Delimiter, you can check it out here: https://facebook.com/delimitervps/. Be sure to like our page and enable notifications as we'll be announcing giveaways and deals on Facebook!

Woot Woot! Finally!!!!

Comments

• Its all happening - Kudos to MikeYur!

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Hallelujah! Quite frankly, the world's worst website is gone!

Thanked by 3WHT mike0000 ATHK
  • @hawk agreed. I literally had to ask @markturner @mikeyur for direct links because the site was so terrible to navigate.

Thanked by 1mike0000
  • I guess I'll have to waste time navigating the other worst website on the internet instead..

..but seriously, very nice! It's actually easy to navigate now!

Thanked by 1mike0000
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

ihatetonyy said: I guess I'll have to waste time navigating the other worst website on the internet instead..

You haven't seen http://www.lingscars.com then

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@MarkTurner said:
    Its all happening - Kudos to MikeYur!

Contact me and we will design you a nice logo / email signatures / business cards and such... ;-)

• I think I have that thing where you block out traumatic memories, because no matter how many times I click on that link, I can't remember anything after.

• ihatetonyy said: I think I have that thing where you block out traumatic memories, because no matter how many times I click on that link, I can't remember anything after.

Who are you? What am I doing here?

• Oh my god. No way!

Thanked by 1mike0000
  • Very neat and looks way better than the old one. Could do with a bit of consistency but still not bad.

Thanked by 1mike0000
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited February 2016

Oddly, I like the 1999 design more

Thanked by 1mike0000
  • @doghouch said:
    Oddly, I like the 1999 design more

If we waited a few months it probably would've been back in style

Thanked by 1ehab
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited February 2016

@mikeyur said:
    If we waited a few months it probably would've been back in style

Bingo, amigo :)

(aka when I still used dial up and the type of website (html 1.1!!!) looked gorgeous at the time)

html5 is way too overrated anyway

Thanked by 1mike0000
  • nice clean look!

Thanked by 1mike0000
  • ehabehab Member
    edited February 2016

it would have been super nice to also see normal pictures of mikeyur and markt :D

Thanked by 2mike0000 vimalware
  • Looks alright, but that font..

• @UbiquityDustin said:
    Looks alright, but that font..

Which? Not a fan of the Google fonts?

• Specifically the text inside the red/grey rectangles looks squished to me

• @UbiquityDustin said:
    Specifically the text inside the red/grey rectangles looks squished to me

Ah ok, will play around with it when I have a moment. Thanks

• Can I ask you about DC locations? (for both HA VPS and dedicated)

@mikeyur

• @Geekoine said:
    Can I ask you about DC locations? (for both HA VPS and dedicated)

mikeyur

Atlanta only at the moment for HA Cloud & Dedicated. Some dedicated offers will be in 2 new locations shortly, HA Cloud and other services to follow depending on popularity.

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • @mikeyur said:
    . Some dedicated offers will be in 2 new locations shortly, HA Cloud and other services to follow depending on popularity.

any of these will be in EU?

• @Geekoine said:
    any of these will be in EU?

No, 2 new US locations for now.

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • What happend with the location in germany? There were servers listed in frankfurt on the old website.

• @boernd said:
    What happend with the location in germany? There were servers listed in frankfurt on the old website.

Those haven't been sold in ages, the site was extremely out of date.

• Old green monstrosity website still available here: http://clients.delimiter.com/

Still curious about how delimiter went from hosting in over 2 dozen locations to just Atlanta....

Thanked by 1jemaltz
  • I don't like it, can we go back to the other? /s

Looks a lot nicer. Good job.

Thanked by 1mike0000
  • DustlabDustlab Member
    edited February 2016

mikeyur said: No, 2 new US locations for now.

Damn, was hoping for Canada, then at least I could get billed in our monopoly money.

• @wwabbit said:
    Old green monstrosity website still available here: http://clients.delimiter.com/

Still curious about how delimiter went from hosting in over 2 dozen locations to just Atlanta....

We haven't had stock in a lot of those locations for years, just legacy customers. We have clients with dedicated servers in LA, Minneapolis, etc - just haven't put new stock in place.

@Dustlab said:
    Damn, was hoping for Canada, then at least I could get billed in our monopoly money.

I'd like Canada as well, gotta harass @MarkTurner to find me some space in Toronto.

• Dustlab said: Damn, was hoping for Canada, then at least I could get billed in our monopoly money.

I'd love to make a case for Toronto. We have a site there could easily be used.

The problem seems to be the baseline costs pushes it out of the LET market. If there is sufficient volume then the dynamics change. We've made a few forays into VPS's in Toronto over the years but the interest has been less than enthusiastic compared to New York, Minneapolis, Chicago, etc.