Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Resolved.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Resolved.

HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
edited February 2016 in Providers

So I just found out 2 of my domains were not working, which are on my small HostUS VPS. Well turns out in the panel it says "offline" I click boot still "offline" I opened a ticket, but anyone else run into this? So far its been great until this. I have no clue how long at least 2 days that it could had been like this. No emails no anything. It was only a few wordpress sites for a business and my personal site. Its the Washington, DC server

Comments

• How long ago did you open a ticket?

• Riz said: How long ago did you open a ticket?

Most likely just before he opened a thread here.

Thanked by 1Riz
  • @Ishaq said:
    Most likely just before he opened a thread here.

About 20-30 min ago. Was just wondering if it happened to anyone else.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@hyelton said:
    So I just found out 2 of my domains were not working, which are on my small HostUS VPS. Well turns out in the panel it says "offline" I click boot still "offline" I opened a ticket, but anyone else run into this? So far its been great until this. I have no clue how long at least 2 days that it could had been like this. No emails no anything. It was only a few wordpress sites for a business and my personal site. Its the Washington, DC server

Sounds like your VPS Has been suspended. Do you have a ticket ID? LET is not our support desk so I don't see why some people treat it as such. Washington has been solid for us with no downtime as fair as I've been aware of.

Alexander

Thanked by 1Riz

FYI If it say offline that's mode watch auto suspend, if a node is down it would say server action failed.

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • This has happened to me a bunch of times from a bunch of different providers. A ticket always fixes it...

Per our PM, your VPS was suspended for SPAM.

• Yeah, I figured it was disabled by nodewatch. That's why there's no error.

20-30 min is not enough time to wait for a response from a budget provider, especially on a Sunday.

I would understand you wanting to open a thread about it if you had no ticket reply, or it had been days, but 20 minutes? Really?

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • Makes me wonder if anyone else had a downtime of 37 minutes today with HostUS in LA.
    My VPS in LA was down for 37 minutes.

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited February 2016

@AlexanderM said:
    Per our PM, your VPS was suspended for SPAM.

Keep in mind everyone.. Mail services were NOT installed. If they were it was in no intention of me. I host extremely valuable files for restoring files on my other servers I would NOT ruin my rep over stupid spam.. As well as I have another VPS with another provider here (SAME SETUP) as I have over at HostUS and not once had a "spam" issue as I either host my mail (Only 1 address) on my dedicated server or a reliable shared account. So Im not a "spammer" lol. Nothing against HostUS. Was just wanting to make it clear as I know how some can be here.

This VPS was used to host a Local Gym Wordpress site I manager for them. And my own personal site, photos, content, etc. Responded to the ticket and going from there end of story.

• This is LET and not HostUS helpdesk !

edited February 2016

@Mridul said:
    This is LET and not HostUS helpdesk !

Wait what? Im not asking for help... I was asking if anyone else had any issues while I wait for a ticket response.

• @hyelton said:
    Keep in mind everyone.. Mail services were NOT installed. If they were it was in no intention of me. I host extremely valuable files for restoring files on my other servers I would NOT ruin my rep over stupid spam.. As well as I have another VPS with another provider here (SAME SETUP) as I have over at HostUS and not once had a "spam" issue as I either host my mail (Only 1 address) on my dedicated server or a reliable shared account. So Im not a "spammer" lol. Nothing against HostUS. Was just wanting to make it clear as I know how some can be here.

ok but its you responsibility to keep the server secure (Not a question its an reply i know its confusing) Many would to love to believe you but opening a thread after just few minutes of opening a support ticket it tells another story.

Good luck have a great day.

• @hyelton said:
    This VPS was used to host a Local Gym Wordpress site I manager for them.

This could of been the issue. While you may have not directly spammed, something may be on your server.

• Last time I checked HostUs suspends on 100 simultaneous SMTP connections. That's pretty reasonable and even if you're trying to spam it's pretty easy to stay under that limit.

edited February 2016

@simonindia said:

My main concern of the thread was if anyone else had an issue (I thought downtime?) I've did this for my OVH/SYS server in the past to find out who all else could be affected. I had no clue it was due to "spam" no email from the provider so how am I supposed to know. I thought it was just downtime. Its the exact same setup I have on another VPS except different websites and have not had one issue in I want to say 5-6 months with it.

• @tr1cky said:
    Last time I checked HostUs suspends on 100 simultaneous SMTP connections. That's pretty reasonable and even if you're trying to spam it's pretty easy to stay under that limit.

Wholy shit, that's MORE than reasonable.

edited February 2016

@tr1cky said:
    Last time I checked HostUs suspends on 100 simultaneous SMTP connections. That's pretty reasonable and even if you're trying to spam it's pretty easy to stay under that limit.

So to assume whoever or what ever was going on they were not a very good spammer lol.

• @hyelton said:
    My main concern of the thread was if anyone else had an issue (I thought downtime?) I've did this for my OVH/SYS server in the past to find out who all else could be affected. I had no clue it was due to "spam" no email from the provider so how am I supposed to know. I thought it was just downtime. Its the exact same setup I have on another VPS except different websites and have not had one issue in I want to say 5-6 months with it.

I don't care how any setups you have when you are with an reputable provider you should give them some time (6-12 hours) to fix the issue

You shouldn't open a thread and ticket at the same time LET is not your support desk to know and fix the issues of all that affected. And for the note i speaking about both the OVH & this thread you have a bad habit mate

First change the topic to some thing like "Its just an misunderstanding"

• @simonindia said:
    First change the topic to some thing like "Its just an misunderstanding"

My only complaint with HostUS is why I was not notified the reason. If I was notified why it was "suspended" I wouldnt had assumed it was downtime.

@tr1cky said:
    Makes me wonder if anyone else had a downtime of 37 minutes today with HostUS in LA.
    My VPS in LA was down for 37 minutes.

I would certainly like to find the cause for that - that's cerintly not been reported or flagged to me as that's a seriously long downtime, if you could create a ticket with the exact times if possible I'll check to see what happened.

@tr1cky said:

We run slightly different limits on each nodes, we are always experimenting to find a happen medium but I would say that 100 is probably the minimum we suspend on.

@hyelton said:

I would like to apologise for my first response as it's not as professional as I would like. I just don't like when people assume things when they haven't logged a ticket or gave us ample time to respond. If a VPS is suspended for abuse your ticket won't be a critical call as that's for real service outages only but we always treat it as high priority.

@hyelton said:
    So to assume whoever or what ever was going on they were not a very good spammer lol.

I've PM'ed / will update your ticket with the suspension log, I already sent this to you by PM That shows all details.

@Ishaq I would now consider this issue closed / resolved as LET is not our nor anyone else's helpdesk.

• Closed.

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
This discussion has been closed.