Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm a gamer, updated the rig a bit, take a guess at the parts now :) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I'm a gamer, updated the rig a bit, take a guess at the parts now :)

2»

Comments

• I have 32GB in my main pc that I use for gaming and video editing/rendering and after effects still likes to eat it all up when I do some really big ram previews.

• this is copper though! so not reliable enough for server usage etc

• @NameTheseParts said:
    zllovesuki I saw another thread on the forum suggest it yesterday

hostnoob I also disable pagefile, wouldn't need it anyways, 8GB of ram doesn't seem like much, the only reason I have pointlessly stupid amounts of RAM is freedom for the main part.

IThinkUFailed Nah, dude, cmon, i've always used ROG motherboards and they've always had good voltage control. It'll be in there somewhere, it has to be. And btw nice motherboard.

Honestly, it was the automatic voltage regulation that was crappy. It was running a 1.54v solid for some reason when the CPU should (according to Intel) be ran at 1.2-1.25V max.

This was an issue previously aswell so I'm certain it's something relating to BIOS and I probably need to update again to get correct automatic voltages.

• edited February 2016

@TarZZ92 Nope, its fibre optic. And i have unlimited transfer (fair usage applies).
    @IThinkUFailed i need to update my bios, stock x99 bios is terrible. My pc hangs on bd qcode often. Will update soon.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited February 2016

NameTheseParts said: Nope, its fibre optic. And i have unlimited transfer (fair usage applies)

who is the ISP/service?

70/19 seems very slow for a fibre optic service (Plus high ping)

• @TarZZ92 said:
    70/19 seems very slow for a fibre optic service (Plus high ping)

It's FTTC. Not FTTP/FTTH.

• IThinkUFailed said: It's FTTC. Not FTTP/FTTH.

so it's not fibre it's copper. Twisted pair is not fibre :)

• @TarZZ92 said:
    so it's not fibre it's copper. Twisted pair is not fibre :)

It's marketed very incorrectly I agree. It's Fiber To The Cabinet but they all call it fibre.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited February 2016

IThinkUFailed said: It's marketed very incorrectly I agree. It's Fiber To The Cabinet but they all call it fibre.

AA don't and any other ISP who does not lie straight to customer.

but that's ofcom/asa for ya

Thanked by 1IThinkUFailed
  • They only recently put in a bran new cabinet so i would have assumed it would be a pure fibre connection. Regardless its still slot faster than any other ISP offers for where I live. Diddums.

• NameTheseParts said: They only recently put in a bran new cabinet so i would have assumed it would be a pure fibre connection. Regardless its still slot faster than any other ISP offers for where I live. Diddums.

Even virgin media is copper too! it surprises me they are allowed to lie direct to you and charge you stupid rates for just a little faster.

Thanked by 1IThinkUFailed
  • @TarZZ92 said:
    Even virgin media is copper too! it surprises me they are allowed to lie direct to you and charge you stupid rates for just a little faster.

Most ISP's in the UK do this and it genuinely shocks me how they're able to get away with it.

• @NameTheseParts

Can you please List the parts and their prices? Im interested to build something like that in the near future :)

• @Lee said:
    Mine, even that is complete overkill for my needs :P

Can you tell please why my task manager doesnt show cores like yours? :(

• Why do you play these games? Work.

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • eKo said: Can you tell please why my task manager doesnt show cores like yours? :(

in the cpu graph part right click and select change graph to logical processors

• @TarZZ92 said:

Thanks a LOT, I learned something new today!!! :)

• When I had an 8350, I had it running 4.8GHz :/