Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Proxy tunnels ipv4 traffic to ipv6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Proxy tunnels ipv4 traffic to ipv6

I have a home computer with ipv4 address, a kimsufi dedicated server with ipv4 and ipv6 address (running debian jessie), a vps with ONLY ipv6 address.
I want to have a proxy between the kimsufi server and my home computer, they use ipv4 to talk to each other. (I can use this proxy to surf web etc.) When my home computer wants to talk to an ipv6 address (in this case it is the ipv6 only vps.), the traffic goes through the proxy servers' ipv6 interface and communicates with the ipv6 only vps.
Is it possible to do this? What should I do? Thanks for your help. :)

Comments

• You're overcomplicating this. Since the Kimsufi has dual stack just setup a VPN on it and use that for both v4 and v6.

• @Ishaq said:
    You're overcomplicating this. Since the Kimsufi has dual stack just setup a VPN on it and use that for both v4 and v6.

Thank you... Just tested it... Firefox using proxy on my home computer, ipv6 indeed works... :)

• Besides, you can simply create a ssh tunnel between the 2 servers and expose a remote port on your kimsufi server.