Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TurnKeyInternet - need benchmarks / Reviews
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

TurnKeyInternet - need benchmarks / Reviews

I'm looking for a stable and speedy VPS in US-East...came across TurnKeyInternet who are offering Gigabit port on VPS.

I checked some old thready but didn't find much reviews. Anyone using them ?
How reliable are they in terms of uptime and network.

I'm also open to suggestions... any good options for US-East coast for <100/yr ?
Xen/KVM with 2C/4GB/40+ GB (SSD/SAS pref.)

Comments

• Can't speak for the VPS side but I have a dedicated with them that has been rock solid. Presumably it's the same network, so I'd say that they have their stuff in order.

The only reason that I'm cancelling it is because it is on a 100mbit port and doesn't suit my needs.

Thanked by 1mehargags
  • Connectivity is good.. uptime is good too..but bad cpu performance.. its about only 400 unixbench score/cpu.
    Im considering to move away

Thanked by 1mehargags
  • @nocker said:
    bad cpu performance..Im considering to move away

May I ask what alternatives are you considering ? within US I mean ?

• Lunanode.. unfortunately canada

• They are crapy. They wanted to charge me $200 because I was 1 minute under ddos. Never provided evidence.
    Stay away!!!

Thanked by 1luissousa
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited February 2016

@WHT said:
    They are crapy. They wanted to charge me $200 because I was 1 minute under ddos. Never provided evidence.
    Stay away!!!

Did you read their terms yet? You can't blame them for your negligence. Besides, bandwidth doesn't rain from the sky + you expect a large company to be able to log every attack?

DOS & DDOS INCIDENT FEES

Any website, server, service, or client who hosts, promotes, instigates, or gives cause or access in any form to cause a Denial of Service attack (DoS) or Distributed Denial of Service attack (DDoS) shall be responsible for the billable time of staff and mitigation services at $85 per hour, the cost of excessive bandwidth or other resource consumption, and a per-incident fee of $250. Services may remain suspended or offline until such time that these fees are paid, infull, or alternate terms are agreed to by our billing department during normal business hours. Customers subscribed to our DoS & DDoS filtering plans shall be exempt from these fees unless the combined number of incidents or combined incident bandwidth consumption exceeds the limits as defined in said customers filtering plan.

• @doghouch said:

I dident used any bandwidth. The server went down for 5 min and they said I was under DDoS. When I asked to provide me proof they ignored it.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • luissousaluissousa Member
    edited February 2016

Been there before, used to love them. I wouldn't recommend them anymore, lack of consistency.

I was there with a very good deal - reseller hosting for 7,5$ /month with free WHMCS. It was just crazzy. Then, the problems started to come - their IPs were blacklisted at Spamhaus and other blacklists, and my email stopped being delivered. The hosting was also getting a very bad uptime due to some "abusers" they said. Every time I went to their support they would terminate abusers on my server and it would be good again - but I always had to tell them the server was acting terribly slow - they could not figure out by themselves. Also, I was offered to be transferred to another server and - when I decided it was my last resort - they didn't want to transfer me anymore. I terminated my services and never came back ;)

Just my experience, though - they used to be great before.

• wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
    edited February 2016

I am currently using my second black Friday server with them (the 10$/month server) and I have been very happy with them. Adam was very friendly and helpful !

Uptime and network speed (100 Mb/s in my case) have been excellent.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

They are shitty but have some cheap deals. The network is crap too.

Use them only if you want a very cheap service and they happen to have a deal.

• are they still pure cogent?

• Terrible company horribly oversold and managed. can never honor their own deals.

• luissousa said: I was there with a very good deal - reseller hosting for 7,5$ /month with free WHMCS. It was just crazzy. Then, the problems started to come - their IPs were blacklisted at Spamhaus and other blacklists, and my email stopped being delivered. The hosting was also getting a very bad uptime due to some "abusers" they said. Every time I went to their support they would terminate abusers on my server and it would be good again - but I always had to tell them the server was acting terribly slow - they could not figure out by themselves.

Exact same experience here. I had that special Black Friday 7.50/mo reseller package too. Used for almost 2 years. After that, they told me to get the hell out because they were losing money and my reseller account was under a D-DOS. I guess ddos was just an excuse to kick me out because they were really losing money with a whmcs included reseller for $7.50/mo. They let me move my site for a few days.

• @DreamCaster said:
    Exact same experience here. I had that special Black Friday 7.50/mo reseller package too. Used for almost 2 years. After that, they told me to get the hell out because they were losing money and my reseller account was under a D-DOS. I guess ddos was just an excuse to kick me out because they were really losing money with a whmcs included reseller for $7.50/mo. They let me move my site for a few days.

Well, I'm quite glad I decided to get out by myself and was not forced with a ridiculous excuse. I used to recommend them over here and, when they realized so, they even created an account over here - @turnkeyintenet

TL;DR their shared plans suck. Not sure about Dedicated Servers.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • DreamCasterDreamCaster Member
    edited February 2016

luissousa said: Well, I'm quite glad I decided to get out by myself and was not forced with a ridiculous excuse. I used to recommend them over here and, when they realized so, they even created an account over here

Yeah I recommended them to a lot of folks from my country too and let to purchases. However, they told me the plan I was on was simply losing money and if I had no intention to a root cpanel VPS, I should leave. Ddos was an excuse I know. I packed the stuff up and moved to BuyShared and some other host. Split my web sites.

• Have you checked the trusted players?
    Ramnode, Digital Ocean, Buy Vm , Secure Dragon , Linode, Vultr ?

• I prefer GVH, no kidding

• Thanks... looks like a shady affair.
    Yes I'm already customer with Ramnode... was considering some other players. I think I will open another thread for a direct comparison naming all of them.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog