Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RocketVPS merged into KnownHost - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RocketVPS merged into KnownHost

2»

Comments

• I think their SolusVM is already shutdown....darn I was thinking of reinstalling Debian one last time before they shut the solus interface down...

• Amitz said: Wow. That sucks a lot. Ehm, sorry... How unpleasant is that? No love for Debian? No more love from me...

Sorry by the time we selected CentOS6 32bit & CentOS7 we ran out of love for any other OS choice. :(

• @Amitz said:
    Wow. That sucks a lot. Ehm, sorry... How unpleasant is that? No love for Debian? No more love from me...

I guess their way of controlling cost...but more importantly, forcing people to switch to Knownhost and make more money, LOL

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I assume CentOS because all of KH's other offerings are cpanel-based and cpanel only runs on CentOS.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @raindog308 said:
    I assume CentOS because all of KH's other offerings are cpanel-based and cpanel only runs on CentOS.

Staffing-based decision is my guess.

I should get some CentOS experience, but Ubuntu on the desktop makes me lazy.

• @Ishaq said:
    He criticises them, too. Doesn't look suspicious.

1 comment only from @maxmind rip

• OK, don't take this the wrong way, but stating that almost nothing is changing while there is actually at least one very significant change feels like dishonesty towards your existing customers.

If I'd have made such change I'd be putting it down in big red letters in the announcement sent to customers and offer them a chance to get out of contracts.

Thanked by 2inthecloudblog Dylan
  • mpkossen said: offer them a chance to get out of contracts.

How many LowEnd boxes do you have contracts on? RocketVPS is month to month, I guess year to year if you chose yearly payment. I made the choice to move on, but I was a single VPS for $5/mo, I won't break their bank anytime soon. And I didn't start this thread to bring out the pitch fork crowd. I was conflicted about the change, and wanted others thoughts about it. My money will now go to the Aldryic spirits fund, @Fransisco can thank me later ;)

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • miTgiB said: How many LowEnd boxes do you have contracts on?

Me? Not too many, but I don't know how RocketVPS works. In any case, they should offer such options to those paying annually IMHO since this brings quite a change.

Thanked by 2Lee Dylan