Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

service management gonna be a disaster...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

service management gonna be a disaster...

shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
edited January 2013 in General

If I resell wholesale internet dedicated servers how will I keep track of that?

Comments

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited January 2013

If there is no API or WHMCS module then it's not possible to give them remote reboot and so on and will be manual unless you could possibly setup them up with IPMI.

My advice don't do it.

• what do you mean? how will you keep track of that? create custom fields in whmcs and populate that with information needed.

• hostbill is actually pretty decent at this (remote reboot pdu, billing based on switchport/cacti, even auto port disable for suspension etc)

only other option is the ugly/overly priced ubersmith or custom/hacks/etc

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Well WSI already uses Ubersmith... Remote Reboot? Open a ticket.
    All I'm worried about is how I'm going to keep track of hundreds of dedicated servers in two different control panels?
    obviously in whmcs i already have set up so people can configure their server, they would order it on my site and pay, then I would go to wholesale internet's website, and configure it and order it there.
    then when i get it i would pass the IPs and root password to the customers. if IP justification was required I would simply pass of the form to them.

• You're thinking too far ahead..what's to say you're even gonna get "hundreds of dedicated servers". Reselling dedicated servers' a headache IMO.

• Goto bank
    Apply for loan
    Build data center
    Sell servers
    ???
    Profit

• You can handle 65,535 servers in Excel. :\

• @connercg said: You can handle 65,535 servers in Excel. :\

Use Ms Access

• @shovenose said: If I resell wholesale internet dedicated servers how will I keep track of that?

If you can't even answer that yourself then you shouldn't be running such a business.

• You need to take a deep breath and think logical here. No reseller is going to sell hundres of resold servers. It just doesn't work like that!

• ztecztec Member
    edited January 2013

@Spencer said: You need to take a deep breath and think logical here. No reseller is going to sell hundres of resold servers. It just doesn't work like that!

Depends on your marketing skills, this guy might be a genius for all we know.
    One thing is for sure, if you don't plan for something big you will never get something big.

no penis jokes please.

• @ztec said: no penis jokes please.

But not making any is so hard..

• giggle giggle

• Reselling Dedicated Servers actually isn't great profit, IMO. I've been there, done that. Not that fun from the support end, when you have to do the reboots yourself, etc..

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll just do it how I planned to do it.
    While I hope I will get a lot of orders (don't we all) perhaps it will be good to not get so many for Dedicated Servers.
    And this is going to be DIFFICULT, not HARD. :P

• @shovenose said: And this is going to be DIFFICULT, not HARD. :P

The most difficult thing is getting customers

Certainly. Even though my dedicated server page on ShoveHost looks really cool with that server blending in with the background :) mistakes turned into on purpose.

• @Spencer said: The most difficult thing is getting customers

Hence the need for resellers.