Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please Suggest Me Perfect cPanel Backup Solution
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Please Suggest Me Perfect cPanel Backup Solution

Hello There,

Looking For Perfect cPanel Backup Solution For Decent Price.

Please suggest me on this mater, like from where i should buy storage VPS & which cPanel plugin to use.

Thanks.

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Do you need a cPanel plugin? With basic cPanel you can SFTP, FTP, store in Amazon S3, etc.

How much (GB) do you need to backup?

• You can perform local and offsite backups through WHM and automate them, you can also perform both through your CPanel interface.

I personally keep local backups and then SFTP them to two separate offsite locations.

• raindog308 said: Do you need a cPanel plugin? With basic cPanel you can SFTP, FTP, store in Amazon S3, etc.

How much (GB) do you need to backup?

250GB is fine ... and don't you think a plugin will be better ?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited February 2016

AbuRayhan said: 250GB is fine ... and don't you think a plugin will be better ?

...just because it's a plugin?

I backup my cPanel to a BuyVM storage VPS using cPanel's native backup via SFTP.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • Use WHM backups, a plugin is just one other thing to mess up...

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • LeeLee Veteran

Always choose the path of least resistance unless there is reason to do otherwise.

WHM handles backups absolutely fine and with ease.

• @raindog308 & @linuxthefish Okay, WHM default backup system if fine, but still need sugession on buying storage ?

anything else except BuyVM, which is cheaper ?

• @AbuRayhan said:
    raindog308 & linuxthefish Okay, WHM default backup system if fine, but still need sugession on buying storage ?

anything else except BuyVM, which is cheaper ?

I'm using an online.net special for backups, you might be able to pick up a cheap dedi or a 2TB Kimsufi - but 100mbps might be a bit slow.

80gb $15 a year RamNode also works!

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Only thing cpanel built in backup doesn't handle one of my client sites with like 20gb database. Other than that its great.

• shovenose said: Only thing cpanel built in backup doesn't handle one of my client sites with like 20gb database.

WHM/cPanel messes up mysqldump quite often, automysqlbackup keeps backups for ages, and rotates them.

• The built in system which cPanel offers should be fine for you as everyone else has mentioned, most companies use R1Soft as it allows users to restore their backups from within cPanel, but if this server is for your own use there isn't really much need for that, as you'll have access to your backups on the remote server anyway.

• You have various options here -

R1Soft - gives you semi-realtime backups and the customers can self-restore missing files http://www.delimitervps.com/landingpage/r1backup/

ObjSpace - Scheduled backups to ObjSpace rather than another VPS http://www.delimiter.com/landingpage/objspace/

StorageVPS - Scheduled backups to VPS https://cc.delimiter.com/cart/storagevps/

R1Soft has the advantage that you delegate restore functionality to your customers, so they are not going to have to open a ticket to get a file/directory restored. There is a free 30 day trial on the link above, so you can give it a test and see how it works.

I believe ObjSpace has also a 30 day trial.