Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for cheapest dedicated server with 4.0 GHz CPU speed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for cheapest dedicated server with 4.0 GHz CPU speed

Hi friends,

I'm looking for cheapest dedicated server with 4.0 GHz CPU speed.
RAM and other resources are not important.

Please advise me. Thank you very much :)

Comments

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited February 2016

Well, the number before GHz don't mean that much nowadays. You better specify a CPU line you want (E3, E5, or even AMD Opteron XXXX). For example my Pentium 4 was OCed to 3.8GHz but it's still slower than my i5 that's only 2.3GHz. The arch of the CPU matters.

• Probably the OVH gaming range https://www.ovh.com/us/dedicated-servers/game/

Check SoYouStart too, I think they're a few bucks cheaper for the previous model

Thanked by 1ChandraNakka
  • It seems OPs looking for a server for a single threaded application....

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

I found 2 moders in benchmark pages, maybe you can fin few more somewhere.
    Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.00GHz
    Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz

• SoYouStart provide Core i7-4790K servers at €48 per month.
    And you can also only get it for €15 for the first 2 weeks (perfect for benchmark, proof of concept, ...)

• AdvertzoneAdvertzone Member
    edited February 2016

snipped is great, just start working with them, quick response to tickets, solve and fix your issues quickly. Since working with them my website hasn't been down. Their server checked and none of them was blacklisted.
    I used to work with Arvixe, 3-4 times a week their servers would be down from 15 minutes to 3 hours. No response to your messages or emails. Only site I would not recommend Arvixe also keep in mind hostgator also owned by Arvixe and that one goes down the hill.
    Good luck with your search but try snipped, highly recommend.