Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has crissic died in the arse?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Has crissic died in the arse?

They certainly have from what I can tell. Had some massive outages last year and we moved our VPS's to someone else, and promptly cancelled them but paid for 1 year so have until end of this month.

So last few weeks I have been getting renewal emails from their billing department, obviously they disregarded the cancellation requests.

When I got the first bill, I thought I would check the VPS to see if they were still active, as they should be until end of billing cycle, but billing portal has invalid ssl cert, and even when I got in the Solus VM Control panel advises of error trying to connect to VPS. I submitted a ticket to see what going on, but no replies now to my ticket, and they keep sending overdue notices.

So it looks crissic have died in the arse alright, but they make sure their billing system is out there sending invalid invoices.

Thanked by 1sugeng

Comments

• In case you were too lazy/stupid to use https:/lowendtalk.com/search, Crissic was sold to your friends at QuadraNet which I am sure was for the IP space.

Open up a ticket with QN and they'll be able to fix your issues.

• Well I'm not stupid, so I must be lazy. QN can go and get fucked.

Thanked by 2GM2015 netomx
  • I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with Crissic @spazzo.

I was unable to replicate the issue you're claiming with the billing portal having an invalid SSL cert nor are any nodes down. SolusVM is also accessible.

Please PM me with your ticket ID - I'll take a peek and get back to you.

I sincerely appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you and have a great weekend,

• spazzo said: QN can go and get fucked.

Most staff there will probably try exact this over the weekend.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

jarland said: Died...in the arse?

I was wondering that too. If it died, it died, but that specific locale...

Thanked by 3jar netomx switsys
  • @jarland said:
    Died...in the arse?

Sorry.

Thanked by 2netomx thagoat
  • Look it up on google as I did. It exists...

Thanked by 2netomx vpsGOD
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

I have a few crissic vpses which I havent checked in a while. I dont think I will be renewing because if I cant get more vpses from the crissic line, then I rather move to another line where there is room to grow. Not to derail, I dont think I have even seen an email or update from crissic either since the switch over. I gueee things are running smoothly still.

Amitz said: Look it up on google as I did. It exists...

The arse that holds the Crissic corpse?

Thanked by 1switsys
  • @raindog308 said:
    The arse that holds the Crissic corpse?

Öörgh. Just the imagination...

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Should I renew for another year with them? Got 1 vps and it's running quite solid till.

• Sung at quadranet tonight: "Ohhhhhhhh I.....I just died in your arse tonight...."

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Since you are here, does that 39$ Dedicated offer come with Crissic IP's?

• i had my issues with them, so i decided not to renew as for a 2nd time my vps was missing from the node.....

Thanked by 2netomx GM2015

watwatwat said: Sung at quadranet tonight: "Ohhhhhhhh I.....I just died in your arse tonight...."

Now that is stuck in my head...I shall curse you to the seventh generation...

• perhaps roasted from d arse up?

• Neoon said: Since you are here, does that 39$ Dedicated offer come with Crissic IP's?

The Crissic brand, which was recently acquired by QuadraNet, Inc., operates its own ASN with separate/designated IP allocations for the Crissic brand solely (AS62639)

QuadraNet, Inc. operates its own ASN with separate/designated IP allocations for QuadraNet brand solely (AS8100)

Thanks for the interest,

• Were you reading this before you posted spazzo?

• QuadraNet, Inc. purchased Crissic LLC for the sole purpose of getting the IPv4 addresses Crissic LLC owned so QuadraNet, Inc. can use those for their customers as soon as original Crissic LLC customers cancel.

Thanked by 1namhuy
  • cochoncochon Member
    edited February 2016

Have to say I haven't had any issues with an old Crissic plan since the takeover, just renewed it this month for another year, no hassle no price hike.

It was one of the Jacksonville systems that got physically trucked to Quadranet's DC in Miami. I use it mainly as a toehold in the US for proxy access etc. so can't speak for outright performance, but do run a few small sites off it and it's been very reliable.

Haven't been motivated, nor needed to look elsewhere.

Thanked by 2mpkossen fazar
  • @cochon
    Same here i have 2 VPS with them , had some network hick-ups but these are solved, everything running smooth and their support is ok, nothing to complain (knock on the wood :) )

• I've got one in Florida and one in Los Angeles. The one in Los Angeles is up for renewal next month. I haven't decided if I'll renew or not.

They had some serious issues a few weeks back that took about a week to resolve. Whenever I've contacted support, I've received replies. But it may take a long time before it gets fixed.

And right now, my VPS in Los Angeles:

10 requests completed in 10.2 s, 8 iops, 34.3 KiB/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 72 us / 116.5 ms / 293.6 ms / 84.7 ms

I'm not sure I understand Quadranet's strategy with this buyout. If they really want the IPs, I think it would be better to just give notice, shut the servers down, and provide partial refunds. Or run it as a real service (take new orders, raise prices, really support it, whatever). The in-between, kind of keeping things on life support thing is confusing.