Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone having issues logging in to Hostigation SolusVM - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone having issues logging in to Hostigation SolusVM

13»

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@pubcrawler said: Really liking your approach to things @KuJoe! My kind of plan/person.

I suck at all things networking and really have no interest in becoming a networking person so focus all my time and effort into making sure it stays online. What I don't know, I make up for with redundancy. :)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2013

@pubcrawler said: I often wonder how much these outages are increased by providers being far from their own gear

This is the primary reason why uncle doesnt open other locations. He got burned early on...

@KuJoe said: What I don't know, I make up for with redundancy.

That is the best redundancy :) I learned by having things configured by someone else as a backup and build mine alongside. If shit happened, there was something to fall back to and at that time it wasnt so critical to have a short outage off-peak.
    Long time ago :)

• There is so much to learn with this stuff @KuJoe, that unsure how small companies with tiny staff or no staff do it.

• bigcatbigcat Member
    edited January 2013

@Spencer said: What program is that! Looks sexy!

@BK_ said: Agreed

Realtime uptime monitoring using Node.js. Comes with an API and easy SMTP relay setup.

My stats : 30+ sites, 60s interval, 50-90mb memory

• BK_BK_ Member

@bigcat Thanks!

• Could a possible solus vulnerability bring down LEB providers? Seem like thers a lot of eggs in the solus basket.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited February 2013

@bdtech said: Could a possible solus vulnerability bring down LEB providers?

Sure it could, but none are known currently, and not only LEB providers, many use solus. That is why I also make backups every hour of the database and store it in another location.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

WHMCS getting compromised would be even more of an issue :)