Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wable customer support - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wable customer support

2»

Comments

• Lost a few hours work, so nothing major, but I'm very annoyed at the unprofessional way they handled this. They basically defrauded me by charging me for a service I didn't order or want, repeatedly failed to answer my request, and then arbitrarily closed my account giving me no opportunity to get data, and cut off all contact.

You live and learn. Back to my trusty little Kidéchires I go...

Thanked by 2tommy ATHK
  • Awmusic12635 said: Our next offer will be after the addition of new locations.

Aren't you using Incero hardware and network? You better be careful, on the next Russian roulette, you might just get hit and terminated.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

GIANT_CRAB said: Aren't you using Incero hardware and network? You better be careful, on the next Russian roulette, you might just get hit and terminated.

We have a solid relationship with our upstream. I do not foresee any issues in the future, though we do have contingency plans should some issue happen out of our control.

• Wable != Incero

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited February 2016

Mun said: Wable != Incero

https://wable.com/tos

cat incero.sh

#!/bin/bash

incero="$(curl https://wable.com/tos | grep "Incero")"

>

if [ -z "$incero" ]; then

echo "Is not run by Incero"

else

echo "Is run by Incero"

fi

>

./incero.sh

% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current

Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed

100 29176 0 29176 0 0 41750 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 61037

Is run by Incero

Please explain, my script does not agree?

Cheers!

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2016

TheLinuxBug said: Please explain

For example:

LowEndSpirit is not Inception Hosting. Expect entirely different levels of service from the same people if you sign up for both.

"Run by" != "is"

It's brand separation, and no one stops you from providing different levels of service for different brands. It is not a physical requirement that one act identically in all situations.

Thanked by 2Kris alfred
  • Nobody beats science.

• jarland said: "Run by" != "is"

As I understand it the exact same people manage it as well, its like a DBA. Just because you DBA a bunch of different names doesn't make it a different company or different people your dealing with. It simply just means your doing business with the same comany under another name...

Maybe I am missing something here...?

Cheers!

TheLinuxBug said: Maybe I am missing something here...?

Aye, I just edited to add this:

jarland said: It's brand separation, and no one stops you from providing different levels of service for different brands. It is not a physical requirement that one act identically in all situations.

I think it's fairly well known by anyone who is a customer of both Wable and Incero that the two are not treated equally by the staff.

• jarland said: I think it's fairly well known by anyone who is a customer of both Wable and Incero that the two are not treated equally by the staff.

What do you think about that? Does it have to do with the money people pay them ( just askin')?

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited February 2016

jarland said: I think it's fairly well known by anyone who is a customer of both Wable and Incero that the two are not treated equally by the staff.

Granted it is outlined you are to get a lower level of service with the brand, it is still the same people running it, and its still that same Gordon being a dick to customers, so really they are the same, just seek to create different expectations based on cost.

I think most of their customers going in understand this, but from what I have read, in some of these cases issues were on the hosts side which should be covered even under an unmanaged contract to begin with anyways. A customer shouldn't have to beg the host to fix things that are the hosts responsibility and they shouldn't be terminated for asking them to refund for the hosts mistakes. This should especially be true when the failure to fix the issue ends up mis-charging customers for things they didn't purchase. The customer should never even have to open a ticket in this case, their code should be good enough and their billing team good enough to review this weekly, bi-weekly, or even monthly and be able to see where things aren't working as they should. When a customer is registered for one thing and being billed for another this should set off red flags and be handled immediately, not wait for customers to open pissed off tickets.

The fact we have to have more than one thread about this in my opinion shows a large failure on Incero's behalf to responsibly manager their products. When there is a problem reported fix it, fix it the first time, don't wait for a customer to open a ticket to bitch and then use it as an excuse to kick them out for rightfully being upset that things don't work as they should.

sigh

I just don't get it, 'people say' they are premium yet they seem to handle platform issues at a snails pace and accuse the customer of causing the issues when it is not their fault.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

edited February 2016

TheLinuxBug said: I just don't get it, you say they are premium yet they seem to handle platform issues at a snails pace and accuse the customer of causing the issues when its their fault.

Well, for one thing, I know something that good old Jordon from NexHost does not. You don't trash talk your providers until you've moved out.

With that said, I'm a special case, if I have a judgement against the way they do things I don't air it... I text Ryan ;)

But anyway yeah, I've seen all kinds of reports of this and that and I've met Gordon face to face and he's someone I trust as my service provider. I learned a long time ago that people can make a huge stink on a forum and make their vendor look bad, but it doesn't always mean that you're getting the whole story. Maybe you have a number in your head where you say "Well if 15 people do the same then I believe it's true." That's fine, but that's not what I'm comfortable with. Most of the legitimate sounding complaints have lacked significant evidence (some I've asked for, and been ignored, and I take meaning from that), and the ones that haven't.... they know how I feel about it.

But that's just me, just one little old customer that's happy with the service he pays for (and I do pay).

• jarland said: With that said, I'm a special case, if I have a judgement against the way they do things I don't air it... I text Ryan ;)

Yeah the logic flaw here is not everyone is best friends with their host or have personal relationships with them. You will find in business when these things exist the psychology of the situation is completely different. Instead of letting down a customer, you would be letting down a friend. No one wants to let down their friend, but most have no issue letting down 'joe blow' from the internet they have never met.

I only say this because your argument only holds up if the same situation exists without your personal relationship with them. To some extent I doubt it would be the same.

also inb4 you say 'make friends with your hosts', remember, for a lot of us this is business and we shouldn't have to expect to become best friends with our host just to make sure we don't get thrown out when we have a technical issue.

Nothing against you being friends with them at all, I am just saying this colors your opinion a bit.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited February 2016

TheLinuxBug said: I am just saying this colors your opinion a bit.

In all colors of the rainbow, to be exact... ;)

They are best old buddies, what do you expect? We both would do the same with and for our favorite Ryan.

Thanked by 3GM2015 ryanarp GCat
  • Looking forward to truthfully letting everybody know about my experience with these crooks on as many fora as possible. Not expecting that it will make much difference to their revenues, but I hope I'll save a few others from what I experienced. I have lots of free time, and am a very petty man. Pucker up, boys.

• LeeLee Veteran

squibs said: a very petty man

My long lost brother!

• squibs said: The guy I was dealing with was borderline rude and surly throughout.

I'm glad to hear they improved in quality since I used them.