Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Linux/windows networking command to detect internet interuption cause?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Linux/windows networking command to detect internet interuption cause?

postcdpostcd Member
edited February 2016 in Help

Hello,

an OpenVZ Linux VPS serves as a proxy to home computer (windows). But when torrent client is opened at home computer (it uses the proxy to connect internet) it sometimes happen that i cant load webpages in webbrowser (which uses that proxy too). This connectivity issue happens sometimes even without torrent client. My aim is to discover what is responsible for connection timeout (per the proxy log).

i tried:

tcptraceroute -P myproxyport myhomecomputer

mtr -ruw myhomecomputer

but it do not give me idea, it appears its always same result, no matter when i do when conenction do not works or when it works.

OpenVZ beancounters shows failcount only next to privvmpages(memory, but it is almost always free enough, CPU load is low always)

trying to discover if i need to tweak something on OpenVZ (i have host server access) or if the ISP having issues or limits. Which commands/from where to do to discover cause.

when i did "tracert myvpsip" from client (home windows pc), then sometimes it timeouted right after 172.16.7.2 IP and sometimes it went thru..

Comments

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited February 2016
    #chkinet6 --verbose --print-solution
    Checking... complete
    Issues found... 1
    TCP Stack analysis... complete
    DNS analysis... complete
    Driver analysis... complete
    Root cause... found
    Solution suggestion: Install Windows 10
    #

• postcdpostcd Member
    edited February 2016

I cant find any application of that name. Some explanations would help. Im not a computer.

• @postcd said:
    I cant find any application of that name. Some explanations would help. Im not a computer.

He is most likely trolling you.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • deadbeef said: Solution suggestion: Install Windows 10

Because? Windows fixes networking issues or something?

• @cassa said:
    Because? Windows fixes networking issues or something?

AFAIK Windows has a "network problem solver" or something like that.

Only worked sometimes for me though.

Thanked by 2deadbeef Rolter
  • Traffic said: AFAIK Windows has a "network problem solver" or something like that.

Ahh. Well, if it's that type of an issue, Linux also has a tool like that. It's called vi.

@postcd What router do you have?

• postcdpostcd Member
    edited February 2016

@cassa said:

What router do you have?

Can you advice any command to discover that the router is causing this connection instability? If so, please reply. I would rather go the easier way, just pinigng, tracerouting or using any monitoring apps and such on the a) Linux server, b) windows host. Thx

• @Traffic said:
    AFAIK Windows has a "network problem solver" or something like that.

I was just trolling but your explanation is better :D

Thanked by 1Traffic