Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Digital Ocean Test ... Am I crazy? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Digital Ocean Test ... Am I crazy?

2»

Comments

• @MonsteR said: Was just a suggestion as we host some big File hosts on our offshore locations.

Suggestion? Pfft, more like shameless advertising.

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited January 2013

@Victor said: Suggestion? Pfft, more like shameless advertising.

No, if I wanted to advertise i would of made a offer of what price and a link, I said we have some high bandwidth offers on a 1Gb ports and a few people use us to host files sharing sites.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@TheLinuxBug said: If your complaint is IO, ok its not Ramnode, but seriously, were you really expecting Ramnode performance at that price?

I lol'd.

But you can get RamNode speeds at that price... Just sayin'.

• Come on everyone... give "dd" a break, it's not meant to be a measurement tool.

Just sayin. :)

• @eLohkCalb said: Come on everyone... give "dd" a break, it's not meant to be a measurement tool.

I know! I use it to send raw TCP packets!

• My DigitalOcean VPS is very fast.

• @Spirit said: We reached a point when people start to claim that even 200 MB/s isn't good enough

Exactly. I dont know why everyone cares so much about Seq I/O. You could easily have higher Numbers even with Performance HDD SAN Config. You want to concentrate on IOPS. Which is where SSD should excel.