Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndPhone $7 Smartphone - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndPhone $7 Smartphone

Comments

• It appears to be a rebranded Chinese phone

• @alaningus said:
    It appears to be a rebranded Chinese phone

Then it's even more interesting how they can do it for this low price.

• @cassa said:

They appear to have downgraded the camera and probably getting huge Government subsidy.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • With or without a contract?

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @elgs said:
    With or without a contract?

without

• no contracts... no government subsidy. Doesnt look legit. Ordering closing on 22nd Feb and deliveries will start in June.

Any bets on a summer-selling kinda thingy here ?

• RolterRolter Member
    edited February 2016

This is being ripped apart by the media , i doubt the company will deliver , what is being expected of it. What they could do is , keep the money for 4 months , collect interest and then refund.

Also this phone is not exactly made in India , some parts in it are a product of China

Thanked by 1Shamli
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited February 2016

Was discussing this with a Indian co-worker and we agreed that it looks like they are using this as a means of personal data collection. If you review I bet they have wording in their TOS/AUP that they can share your information with their 'partners' and what better way to get a huge list of people to market to than to hand them a cheap phone where the people then provide you all their personal information for free (and as a bonus you now know their phone number and exactly how to contact them)? Same motives as some of these small VPS businesses here on LET, I know there have been a few I have tried out that have sold my number, as usually a day or so after the purchase I will start getting the, "Reduce your credit card interest rate" scam calls. Haven't even purchased a service in a while now and still get the calls now and again from these scammers.

People need to start realizing this about online companies... a lot of times if they are selling you something at a too good to be true price, whether it is electronics, VPS, etc, it is quite likely they are doing it to collect your personal information and resell it. Read TOS/AUP for services you buy, if they say they will share your personal data.. they likely are giving it to their 50 other 'partner' companies to spam you.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 3GM2015 MikePT Mark_R
  • Dear friends, we are very grateful for your enormous response and your kind patronage and would submit that as of now we received approx. 6 Lacs hits per second as a result of your kind overwhelming response, servers are over loaded.

We humbly submit that we are therefore taking a pause and upgrading the service and will revert within or before 24 hours.

Once again our respectful thanks and gratitude for your support and patience. We look forward your return as soon as we are back online well within 24 hours.

Tried seeing if it would let me order one being in the US and I got the above error... I really want one just to play with it.

So if you have one send me a message ill give you like $20 for it + shipping.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • BlazingServersBlazingServers Member, Host Rep

I also live in India. DON'T BUY THIS. THEY ARE FULLY NEW COMPANY AND MAY NOT SHIP YOUR PRODUCT. ALSO NO ONE KNOWS HOW LONG THE PHONE WILL REMAIN USABLE.

• adxnadxn Member, Host Rep

@KnownHostChrisM said:
    So if you have one send me a message ill give you like $20 for it + shipping.

will PM you once I get my hands over it but anyway there will be no warranty and I am sure your are fine with it.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • adxn said: will PM you once I get my hands over it but anyway there will be no warranty and I am sure your are fine with it.

Cool, let me know if you wish to sell it.

Warranties or anything don't matter I just want to play with it to see what it can do.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@adxn said:
    will PM you once I get my hands over it but anyway there will be no warranty and I am sure your are fine with it.

Netomx will give $1 more than ChrisM, but not more than $30 :P

• simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited February 2016

Guys order the phone yourself from the website i will give my address then i can send them to you. You guys pay the shipping i will do this for old members like @netomx @KnownHostChrisM Why pay 20$ or 30 $ for a 4$ phone

Pls Don't PM me if you are new to LET

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@simonindia said:
    Guys order the phone yourself from the website i will give my address then i can send them to you. You guys pay the shipping i will do this for old members like netomx KnownHostChrisM Why pay 20$ or 30 $ for a 4$ phone

Pls Don't PM me if you are new to LET

Just a question... is paypal accepted?

• simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited February 2016

@netomx said:

i don't know i haven't seen the website yet,use revolut that's the best option

edited February 2016

@netomx said:

PayPal is a payment gateway rapist in India! mostly credit/debit card for international users CCAVENUE is safe so chill!

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Anybody wants to ship one to me?

• Me too.

• willing to ship if it actually arrives. I have my doubts.

• @Radi said:
    Anybody wants to ship one to me?

Sure PM me

• @rajprakash said:
    Me too.

Raj you too PM me we will get it done tomorrow

• @Junkless said:
    willing to ship if it actually arrives. I have my doubts.

I cant assure that but if you want PM me

• Hard to believe company got 600,000 hits per second without crashing much earlier.

• Not bad. Three months ago, Walmart came close to this price with its $10 LG Android smartphones. I have a bit more confidence in the quality of LG products.

No more orders for now

and anyway!

http://www.freedom651.com/

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • @adxn said:
    and anyway!

http://www.freedom651.com/

NICE. I'M IMTERESTED IN THIS ONE. MIND SENDING ME ONE?

@theroyalstudent said:
    NICE. I'M IMTERESTED IN THIS ONE. MIND SENDING ME ONE?

only if Iam alive after 10 years! shipping will be on u tho!

• @adxn said:
    only if Iam alive after 10 years! shipping will be on u tho!

Damn, I think I'm dead after 9 years. Nevermind - send it to my future wife thanks