Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OFFER: Delimiter Server: HP BL460C Dual X5150, 16GB, 500GB Dedicated Server - $100 - 9/mths left
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OFFER: Delimiter Server: HP BL460C Dual X5150, 16GB, 500GB Dedicated Server - $100 - 9/mths left

EobbleEobble Member
edited February 2016 in General

I have two HP BL460C Dual X5150, 16GB, 500GB, 10TB Bandwidth Dedicated Server, prepaid until 10/20 & 11/11.

Looking for $100 each via PayPal gift or Bitcoin, originally paid $200 for each.

Unless @mikeyur is willing to give me credit for the unused time and I'll order something else for a different project :P

Comments

• EobbleEobble Member
    edited February 2016

@raindog308 said:
    With or without power? I think Delimiter sells them both ways.

Not sure what you mean, they're powered and fully functional dedicated servers -- edit lol, i got it now, needed some coffee

• What unit are you looking to upgrade to?

• @mikeyur said:
    What unit are you looking to upgrade to?

PM you.

• raindog308 said: With or without power? I think Delimiter sells them both ways.

I think these are the deluxe models with power ;)

• @raindog308 said:

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @raindog308 said:

Power's standard, cooling is optional

• @mikeyur said:
    Power's standard, cooling is optional

Standard power? Is that 2½ or 3 phases?

• EobbleEobble Member
    edited February 2016

Just an update - if I can't sell it by Friday, I'll just reprovision the servers for a different purpose. Delimiter network is fine, just having some issues with their policies.

• what policies specifically?

• @josephb said:
    what policies specifically?

It said abuse policies before the edit.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I've got $75 burning a hole in my paypal account ...

• EobbleEobble Member
    edited February 2016

@josephb said:
    what policies specifically?
    @mikeyur said:
    It said abuse policies before the edit.

How they handle abuse / dmca reports, they shut down the server and require manual intervention through the console on their site. With most host, they give you x amount of time to resolve the issue before shutting down the server.

@frankz message me, do you have an active delimiter account?

• @Eobble I cancelled mine. I was going to keep it for a monthly charge of $30 per month, instead of $90 per quarter. Delimiter refused to switch it to a $30 monthly plan. They wanted $48 per month. :(

• EobbleEobble Member
    edited February 2016

@FrankZ said:
    I've got $75 burning a hole in my paypal account ...

Payment received, starting transfer process. I submitted a ticket with DelimiterVPS. I'll keep you posted via PM.

Got one left

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @hdpixel said:
    Eobble I cancelled mine. I was going to keep it for a monthly charge of $30 per month, instead of $90 per quarter. Delimiter refused to switch it to a $30 monthly plan. They wanted $48 per month. :(

Obviously, because the monthly payment option is higher than the 3-month option. Why would they mysteriously change things around and let you just do the 3-month payment 1 month at a time?

Hmmmmmm.

Thanked by 1mike0000
  • @hdpixel said:

When was this and what server?

@MrObvious said:
    Hmmmmmm.

It wouldn't have changed automatically, he requested a change to monthly which was at a higher price. Just not sure what system increases the price that much.

• @mikeyur said:
    It wouldn't have changed automatically, he requested a change to monthly which was at a higher price. Just not sure what system increases the price that much.

I think I just worded my statement poorly, I'm tired.

• mike0000mike0000 Member
    edited February 2016

@MrObvious said:
    I think I just worded my statement poorly, I'm tired.

Nope, it's me. I'm tired. Read it properly now.

• @mikeyur said:
    Nope, it's me. I'm tired. Read it properly now.

Are these different sites / portals? http://clients.delimitervps.com/ and https://cc.delimiter.com

• @Eobble said:
    Are these different sites / portals? http://clients.delimitervps.com/ and https://cc.delimiter.com

Yep, we're migrating from WHMCS to HostBill. Bit of duplication at the moment, but it's being merged and fully migrated to HB.

• You mean the Hostbill that costs a fortune for all the same features as WHMCS + Modules? And where it's $75 a support ticket and the owner is a total douche?

Nice..

@mikeyur said:

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • Jacob said: You mean the Hostbill that costs a fortune for all the same features as WHMCS + Modules? And where it's $75 a support ticket and the owner is a total douche?

Hostbill is actually a FAR better product for dedicated servers and colocation. WHMCS sits in the shared hosting to VPS section.

WHMCS has no concept of racks, servers, asset tracking, switch ports; whereas Hostbill has specific (albeit expensive) modules that support asset tracking, port management, etc.

We invested heavily into building WHMCS modules over the past 6-7 years, but given the number of systems that, for example, Delimiter handles it just becomes a nightmare to do in WHMCS. We've ported a lot of our modules to Hostbill, we've rewritten a lot of the modules in Hostbill as well (you can order the source code per module) and we've got it to the point where it works well and becomes a benefit rather than a bane to use.

I know Hostbill is expensive, but you pay for what you get. I've dealt with the owner quite a few times and have only experienced a very professional, courteous person. We've filed bug reports and had them dealt with in hours.

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • One has been sold to @Frankz last Thursday. Still waiting on the transfer (been five days with no response to my billing ticket with delimiter).

I'm going to hold off on selling the last one until this one finishes.

• would you transfer the server into my panel?

• @flopv said:
    would you transfer the server into my panel?

Not until this first server gets transferred. The process is getting held up by Delimiter right now.

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited February 2016

Eobble said: Not until this first server gets transferred. The process is getting held up by Delimiter right now.

If you look at a previous posting by FrankZ on here regarding his service:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/31155/delimiter-x5150-review-what-a-bs-company

I really doubt that Delimiter is going to want him back as a customer.

• @MarkTurner said:

Thanks Mark. @frankz I sent you a refund.

Going to just keep both servers since transferring out is a hassle.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited February 2016

MarkTurner said: If you look at a previous posting by FrankZ on here regarding his service:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/31155/delimiter-x5150-review-what-a-bs-company

Strange that you bring that up with this transfer, when I have had no problems ordering directly from Delimiter in the 2 years since that post.
    OP, sorry to waste your time, it was not intentional.

EDIT: Received refund from OP.

• @raindog308 said:

I had to double take on that one too... Love it.