Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ColoCrossing Buffalo TORIX Peering - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ColoCrossing Buffalo TORIX Peering

13»

Comments

• AshleyUkAshleyUk Member
    edited February 2016

@iwaswrongonce said:
    Lots of people out there (not saying you) trying to crucify CC (probably rightly so) but this seems like just about the worst thing to bitch about.

Correct, and I have nothing wrong with CC at all.

Edit: Not saying you think I do.

However if you have your own routing gear in an Exchange POP. Then there is no additional hop's outside your edge network. But as jbiloh said, they have a lot more pushing power going through a larger network :)

• I think Bell is the biggest cable company in Canada. But you don't have peer with them...

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

stormeye said: I think Bell is the biggest cable company in Canada. But you don't have peer with them...

Peering with Bell exists in the USA. They will not peer inside Canada as they would rather sell you access.

• KrisKris Member
    edited February 2016

Atrato.. Hibernia now, still Atrato in my mind,as different service levels - was great just to pick up some IX access remotely. Want IX access remotely? Cheap as chips with existing transit, few hundred per IX. Doesn't replace a physical presence at a PoP, but this will help users who have peak time transit & common peering issues. Still rides on the Atrato uplink, but for the price - good call.

Used them as a secondary / backup at the company I know who used them. Their EU performance was good, US was... sub-optimal...

A step in the right direction.

FWIW: I've found Cogent to be better than Atrato in both network quality and especially support. Now just get some NYIIX in there and you'll be cooking.

ABP : Always Be Peering.

We like our network blend currently with Telia, XO and Hibernia in Buffalo. We've been working over the past year to keep improving things, and we have no plan on stopping.

Over the next few weeks we'll be relocating where the RioRey units sit inside our network in Buffalo to enhance download speeds for non-DDOS protected customers, too.

The work continues :)

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited February 2016

@AshleyUk said:
    Hows it up north? (if I read VM's hops correct)

@hawc said:
    I am not up north actually. Hertfordshire here. Just VM like to bounce me through Luton and the northern network.

I believe 'north' refers to a London data centre, most likely Telehouse.

From Bristol though I do find that Virgin like to bounce traffic up to Birmingham before it goes off to London.

• @jbiloh good to see Buffalo CC is getting an Upgrade

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog

jbiloh said: Over the next few weeks we'll be relocating where the RioRey units sit inside our network in Buffalo to enhance download speeds for non-DDOS protected customers, too.

We've completed this work and throughput speeds should be much higher in Buffalo now.

• Kris said: ABP : Always Be Peering.

Wrong, Ad Block Plus.

• jbiloh said: We've completed this work and throughput speeds should be much higher in Buffalo now.

Congrats on the expansion and improvements. The NOC looks nice from the pictures I've seen :)

Ishaq said: Congrats on the expansion and improvements. The NOC looks nice from the pictures I've seen :)

Thanks, we're happy with it.

We've made some recent improvements, I'll post some pictures of that soon to the thread.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@stormeye said:
    I think Bell is the biggest cable company in Canada. But you don't have peer with them...

Bell is a DSL provider here. They don't provide cable.

@Jack said:

Why? - Hard hat

Required by labor laws.

That, along with hearing protection is an Osha requirement, which is a United States thing. Not sure if there is a European equivalent or not.