Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No gateway specified for KVM from DHCPD?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

No gateway specified for KVM from DHCPD?

DamianDamian Member
edited January 2013 in General

After following http://docs.solusvm.com/kvm_bridge_setup and getting everything else set up, DHCP doesn't seem to be offering a gateway:

/etc/dhcpd.conf contains:

subnet 0.0.0.0 netmask 0.0.0.0 {
authoritative;
default-lease-time 21600000;
max-lease-time 432000000;
}
 ddns-update-style ad-hoc;

host kvm101.0 {
hardware ethernet 00:16:3c:85:3e:45;
option routers 198.144.190.1;
option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
fixed-address 198.23.138.192;
option domain-name-servers 8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4;
}

Anyone know why this might not be working?

Comments

• That gateway is not in the subnet (198.23.138.0/24) so is not valid.

• @rds100 said: That gateway is not in the subnet (198.23.138.0/24) so is not valid.

Indeed, multiple people told me that I could keep my IPs pooled into the same block that I use for OVZ.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2013

Then you need to extend your subnet :)

• @MikHo said: Then you need to extend your subnet :)

Ehh our IP blocks are all over the place. It looks like we'll have to end up splitting our IPs into logical blocks within Solus instead

• How does your DC give you your subnets? Do they route them to your router, or you don't have a router and they are routed directly connected on the interface to you?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Thats probably te best way to do it, not know that much about your infrastructure but many routers you can set multiple ip's.

If so, add an ip in the kvm subnet and use it.

• @rds100 said: How does your DC give you your subnets? Do they route them to your router, or you don't have a router and they are routed directly connected on the interface to you?

TBH, I'm not sure.

Additionally, I change the KVM container's IP to an IP in the gateway's network, and now it seems to work fine. So it looks like I get to spend my afternoon switching IP blocks to their own gateways.

Thanks everyone!

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@Damian good luck :P