Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most lightweight UDP proxy with encryption? (no OpenVPN)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Most lightweight UDP proxy with encryption? (no OpenVPN)

postcdpostcd Member
edited February 2016 in General

Hi, having low resources Linux VPS which i want to use as a proxy for my home computer (i mean so i can browse internet, and use it for my softwares to have encryption and better anonymity).
I need it to support both TCP and UDP traffic and the traffic between home computer and proxy must be encrypted. Which setup is good for this? Is there any tutorial?

PS: i tried OpenVPN, but in Vista, there is some error with virtual device. I simply canot make it works, i already googled and everything. I will use OpenVPN, but after i change OS.

Also i dont want to buy any VPN service, would like to use my Linux OpenVZ VPS for it. What are options for this encrypted udp proxy?

So far im using SSH socks proxy (manual there), but it do NOT support UDP. For UDP i used Dante (sockd) (installation manual) but i found that somehow when i turn on Torrent client (it using UDP), web browser stop loading webpages (browser traffic goes thru SSH socks proxy which is on same Openvz vps).

Comments