Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buying hosting companies(EU) - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Buying hosting companies(EU)

13»

Comments

• earlearl Member
    edited January 2013

@ztec said: He wants to buy summerhosts, what is wrong with that? If your company is worth more just dont reply.

Yeah I don't understand why people don't get that!! it's not like he made a direct offer to purchase each and every host on here? all he is saying is if anyone wants to sell then he is buying and his budget is $5k.

I don't think he's targeting the more established and well to do providers on here, so not sure why everyone seems to be insulted!!

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@earl said: so not sure why everyone seems to be insulted!!

I do not feel insulted at all, also nothing to sell, I was just pointing out some aspects that may make this impractical. Just offering free advice from someone old in the branch as a customer and now with first hand experience from a hosts PoV.
    If anyone felt insulted, I am really sorry, wasnt my intent.

• @Maounique

I wasn't directing this at you particularity, but there have been a few folks on here who seems to have taken offense to the offer..

• From what I have seen with some NDA's that I have received from some of the hosts around here, including some that have been featured multiple times on LEB, doesn't even turn xxxx profit over an year. 5K is more than enough for most of the hosts around here who are running out of either inceros $ upgrade, or some awesome deal offered by sales mastermind jhon or chris or some extreme budget locations like Datashack and OVH.

Just for those who is making fun of the op, Selling "XXXX" doesn't stand for "XXXX" profit. Unless you are a big established provider, no one is going to pay anything above your approx yearly net profit minus 30-50% (considering a lot of client will cancel). Not every host here owns their hardware, none the less owning ip space. A lot of provider here are really young entrepreneurs who is only targeting LEB and doing this for fun or hobby or for the thrill of calling themselve C.E.O.

Was it @Francisco or @Bigtim who said during the kick starter project that most of the applicants only planned to sell to LEB clients. LEB is fun and thrilling but should not be your only place. More than half of the providers here are not even worth 5K. I believe op has a great budget and is actually a life saver for deadpool hosts.

• earlearl Member
    edited January 2013

Didn't LEA sell LEB &LET for around $5K?
    I think LEB/LET probably generates more income from advertising than most of the LEB host on here? I don't think $5k is petty change..

• @NHRoel Buyouts are usually worked on the basis of 10 Months Income + assets.

If you have no assets and a terrible margin, you're worthless.

• NHRoelNHRoel Member
    edited January 2013

@Jacob You do not have assets if all you have is a themeforest template, leased whmcs and leased server. Now, it is not income afaik. How much you worth is calculated on how much you are actually profiting after paying your running costs (This if you are a small provider).

Edit: By You, I meant you as in general and not you as in Jacob.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@NHRoel said: Was it @Francisco or @Bigtim who said during the kick starter project that most of the applicants only planned to sell to LEB clients.

I know I did and i'm fairly sure Tim used that as a marker as well.

There's lots of 'LE only' hosts that are small so they end up resorting to hackforums/etc when they find out that LE's market is so freakin' saturated.

Francisco

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@Francisco said: There's lots of 'LE only' hosts that are small so they end up resorting to hackforums/etc when they find out that LE's market is so freakin' saturated.

Yeah, I've browsed it yesterday, atlaest 4-5 hosts from here appear on the top pages.

The best desicion I took the past 2 years is to leave HFs 8 months ago, though. Took half an year to clear the name, well most of it.