Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Core VPSes - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Core VPSes

2»

Comments

• Traffic said: What are you going to do with them now they're legacy products?

Existing customers continue as normal, but the product is placed 'out of stock' now. So new orders will be directed to other machines. If there is an appetite for a low cost machine, you'll probably see a low cost Celeron or Via based product replace it, but too early to tell yet.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited February 2016

@MarkTurner said:

You could add Raspberry PIs or similar. They use extremely low power.

• Traffic said: You could add Raspberry PIs or similar. They use extremely low power.

We built a proof of concept RPI super-rack about 2 years ago, I think we had about 400 in a single rack with cooling, remote power cycling, network boot; but same problem - no KVM so as soon as someone breaks their install, we have to spend resources on resolving it. Its not cost effective for such a low cost product.

For us, self-service is critical, this means we can hit some extremely aggressive price points. If we have to factor in engineer time to carry out non-hardware related issues then the price has to jack up accordingly.

• @BeardyUnixGuy said:
    Clicking on the order/buy links takes me through to a (functional?) billing module.

I must have visited their site at a bad moment, indeed everything seems fine now. Previously their billing system was returning a database error and all their products were showing out of stock.

• SpeedyKVM has dedicated core, 1GB RAM in Dallas but $4/month (when paid annually).

• standardlookstandardlook Member
    edited February 2016

@manlivo said:
    SpeedyKVM has dedicated core, 1GB RAM in Dallas but $4/month (when paid annually).

Thanks, a little too expensive though.

• It doesn't sound like he even needs/wants a "dedicated" core in the truest sense of the word. Just a provider that will allow him to use his fair share 24/7, whatever that amount may be. I still can't believe that the whole host-base here is still kicking people off for "abuse" of CPU. How come the LEB world can't do what the rest of the virtualized industry has in terms of quality of service controls.