Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pogoplug unlimited now @ $29/yr
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pogoplug unlimited now @ $29/yr

PatsPats Member
edited January 2013 in General

just got in my email.. No file restrictions.. No size restictions..
How good?

Comments

• I think they use AWS, but I might be wrong.

Though services like Bitcasa offer similar, and Mega storage is cheap.

• i think i need another plug for heavy usage wordpress clients (3gb +) so that their content folder images or movies come from pogoplug :P
    Any ideas of this?

• flyfly Member

link?

• of pogoplug? Shud be pogoplug.com
    on mobile rite now so cant confirm 100%

• Their mobile app is simply horrible
    it's even worse than Dropbox's

• @gubbyte said: Their mobile app is simply horrible

it's even worse than Dropbox's

what's so bad about dropbox's ? I use them exclusively.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

PogoPlugs are awesome! Get one and throw either Arch Linux or Debian on it for some fun with low power consumption.

• flyfly Member
    edited January 2013

archlinux arm ftw

• Pugoplug + 1 TB drive + Archlinix + sshfs + socks5.
    Perfect streaming and backup place.

total         used        free     
       Mem:        125768       121548         4220       
       Swap:      1048568         3228      1045340
       Total:     1174336       124776      1049560

And even the older models do have 128 MB of RAM.

• Is it possible to put encrypted backups into their cloud? And does the 30$ get you a Pogoplug device?

• klikliklikli Member
    edited January 2013

No, the offer is purely "Pogoplus Cloud", their online storage service and has nothing to do with their ARM device line.

Since the offer does not seem to be publicized on their website, you might want to click here to sign up. Do note though, the price applies to your first year of service only and expires 31 Jan.

• @klikli said: Do note though, the price applies to your first year of service only and expires 31 Jan.

Even $50/year isn't bad for unlimited storage, if the upload speed doesn't suck.

Is there a Linux client available?

• @Damian said: Is there a Linux client available?

Unfortunately their desktop client actually sucks and requires an Additional "Per Desktop" License Fee. They only support Windows at this time though. I WOULD LOVE to see a Linux Client and them drop the additional license fee.

I will however say that I like their Browser Based Client, it works well and even supports Drag and Drop. Their Android client is a bit limited but overall not bad at all. As SSH access can be enabeled on the PogoPlug Appliance, I normally use SCP at home.

I own a PogoPlug and have both the PogoPlug Local Service Plan and The "Unlimited" Cloud Storage Plan. I have 2 x 500 GB drives and 1 x 1 TB plugged into the PogoPlug Appliance. I got the PogoPlug Appliance for free when I purchased a yearly service plan (it was $29.99 per year when they ran the offer). I had to pay more for the yearly "Unlimited" plan but am overall happy

• PatsPats Member
    edited January 2013

@lele0108 said: Mega storage is cheap

Mega Storage cheap ?? did i missed anything??
    500GB Storage, 1TB Bandwidth, Euro 9.99 per month
    https://mega.co.nz/#pro

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Lol, our storage KVM is at about the same price for 500 GB and includes 3 tb traffic :D

• @Pats said: Mega Storage cheap ?? did i missed anything??

500GB Storage, 1TB Bandwidth, Euro 9.99 per month
    https://mega.co.nz/#pro

Lol, our storage KVM is at about the same price for 500 GB and includes 3 tb traffic :D

Why not go with a safer and friendly option.( Though never opened a ticket till date, as never needed to do so :0)

• @Maounique said: Lol, our storage KVM is at about the same price for 500 GB and includes 3 tb traffic :D

Are you sure thats for 30$/year?

• @gsrdgrdghd
    Given the quote im pretty sure maounique referred to the Mega offer rather than pogoplug

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2013

@johannes said: Given the quote im pretty sure maounique referred to the Mega offer rather than pogoplug

Indeed...
    I bought an "unlimited" family plan with crashplan and is unusable at 1 mbps so I am not so sure about those things.
    Anyone knows how fast pogoplugs go ?

• @Maounique said: Lol, our storage KVM is at about the same price for 500 GB and includes 3 tb traffic :D

Kimsufi gives you an atom for that price with ~500GB storage and 5TB traffic.

• @ztec said: Kimsufi gives you an atom for that price with ~500GB storage and 5TB traffic.

^ -- there's a solution.