Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cloudstats vs nixstats for monitoring
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cloudstats vs nixstats for monitoring

Hi all,
I see both of them here, the latter being more commonly discussed these days.

Wanted to know which one you prefer and why... cloudstats vs nixstats

cloudstats vs nixstats
  1. Which one is better54 votes
    1. cloudstats
      11.11%
    2. nixstats
      88.89%

Comments

• Cloudstats is giving me random false-positives

• BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

I have not used nixstats yet. But did try cloudstats and had way too many issues with it.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Nixstats forever @vfuse

Thanked by 1vfuse
  • Once you go nixstats you never go back :)

Thanked by 2inthecloudblog vfuse
  • mehargagsmehargags Member
    edited February 2016

Thanks All,
    I've been using cloudstats... there are some "agent not responding" issues randomly but not that frequent. Have never used Nixstat, will try it out for my two new servers being setup right now :)
    I hope NixStat lives upto its vote!

Also... how much CPU does it actually eat ? is it OK to install it on a 2GB VPS ?

• @mehargags said:
    Thanks All,
    I've been using cloudstats... there are some "agent not responding" issues randomly but not that frequent. Have never used Nixstat, will try it out for my two new servers being setup right now :)
    I hope NixStat lives upto its vote!

Also... how much CPU does it actually eat ? is it OK to install it on a 2GB VPS ?

Not much I install the agent on all my servers some is even 128Mb LES servers

Thanked by 2mehargags vfuse
  • vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

The agent won't use that much resources but of course there's always a bit of load caused by running a monitoring agent, the upside of course is that it will let you know as soon as something out of the ordinary and notify you.

I've also tested on a 128mb openvz system and it ran just fine, 2GB is no problem at all.

Thanked by 1mehargags
  • BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

any update on cloudstats. I hear they upgraded and changed some stuff out and fixed the false issue.

was talking to them and was thinking about running this along side nodeping

• Hello CenTexHosting,

Yes, we've been fixing bugs in the past few months and making sure all features are working as expected instead of introducing new ones.

Despite this, we've added server management features where you can send commands to your nodes, via web or via Slack chat.

Now working on scaling the platform to support 100k+ monitored servers and benchmarking all components to make sure we are ready for growth.

• drdrakedrdrake Member

I would go for a selfhosted alternative.

• to start, pricing is not compared. nixstats is free.

one i liked was https://nodequery.com/ but it seems to be stoped, no new features, or plans, or answer from developer =(

sometimes i get false positives, from all servers, but for testing load, transfer, ping, etc is pretty good.

hope developer see this.

• Anyone have testing with http://pinguzo.com?

• jazz1611 said: Anyone have testing with http://pinguzo.com?

not affiliated with combozo? jk