Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS provider with international data centers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS provider with international data centers?

VPSChefVPSChef Member
edited November 2011 in General

Hello -

I am looking for a budget VPS provider who has data centers in different countries.

I would be happy with 64-128Mb VPS, as it would only be hosting static sites and would use very few resources.

Does anyone know of a provider that could make this easier? I have a few VPS with different providers dotted around, but it would be great to try and consolidate these.

Cheers,

VPS Chef

Comments

• I know that Alvotech and Edis do have servers in different countries.

• Go for Edis :P

• We have uk and USA if any good

• edis ist great

• I agree Edis is excellent.

• +1 for edis.

I wonder what drives they use, their I/O is always exelent :)

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited November 2011

BurstNET (please don't scream)

• dirkdirk Member
    edited November 2011

I would have to agree on Burstnet: both UK and US (Scranton) are OK. Other US location(s) of Burst aren't OK (at least not in my testing)

Edis seems to be fine too.

RAMHost.us is fine too, if you're not too keen on ipv6....ipv6 in their German VPSes isn't that good :-(

• @dirk said: I would have to agree on Burstnet: both UK and US (Scranton) are OK. Other US location(s) of Burst aren't OK (at least not in my testing)

Just realize though that if anything goes wrong, it's your fault. Even if your servers get erased by their technicians, it's still your fault.

• @drmike said: Just realize though that if anything goes wrong, it's your fault. Even if your servers get erased by their technicians, it's still your fault.

>
    It was one single case, it's getting boring you always mentioning this.

• Anyone happen to know if there's an external postings/reviews concerning that particular case?

• @Christian said: It was one single case, it's getting boring you always mentioning this.

its true though, nothing is ever there fault.. Not even when there network/servers go offline

• I'm fairly tempted just to pick up a service with them now to put their support to the test and see just how true some of these claims are.

• @Aldryic said: I'm fairly tempted just to pick up a service with them now to put their support to the test and see just how true some of these claims are.

They're a huge provider, someone is always going to have a problem, or something bad will happen to a few people in many years of business. Almost all the complaints I've seen on WHT end with it being proven to be the client's fault.

I wonder how many customers they have...

• dirkdirk Member
    edited November 2011

@drmike I know....it's used for something were we can re-setup everything in less then 1 hour...and our users won't see/feel that this system isn't running anymore :-)
    Have a VPS in the UK with them for over 1 year now and all works perfectly.
    Had the Scranton VPS for about 6 months and that worked perfectly too (didn't need it longer).

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited November 2011

@Christian said: It was one single case, it's getting boring you always mentioning this.

I thought it was three times in the last couple years. I know a European rack was erased and I could have sworn a PA rack did so as well.

edit: And I'm sure you'll be saying the same thing in those uptimevps.co threads since they've been covered time and time again.

• marrcomarrco Member
    edited November 2011

@Aldryic it happened to me (and at least one other person in the same let thread said they lost his data too) that BurstNET deleted my VPS. I think they got hacked, but they never told what data was exposed and it took them a few days to fix up things.
    relevant post here: http://v2.lowendtalk.com/questions/5412/bustnet-lost-their-customer-data-and-just-said-were-sorry
    If memory helps there was also a thread on WHT where other ppl confirmed the issue.

So that's not a rumor, BurstNET lost all my data, and it took a few messages with their support to have them realize that someone/something was issuing (false) immediate terminating requests for VPS on their uk node.

some providers (ie. Secure Dragon) do and keep a backup of their client data, other don't. And BurstNET UK cheapest package was about 7,60 usd per month using LEB discount coupon.

Real problem was their INability to deal with the problem. It took them 2 days and a few tickets to create a new container (they assigned a different IP address causing more downtime!) add a second IP and configure reverse DNS. I had my backup ready, i could be back online in a few hours, but it took me a few days.

• marrcomarrco Member
    edited November 2011

i really wonder what test the ppl here really do. I have a VPS with Alvotech, and wanted to get one with Edis:

-) Alvotech : For more than one month they suffered a bad packet loss. From 1 to 5+% depending on time of the day. I exchanged many mail with their support, reported the problem here too. They use vServer where you don't have Iptables nor other functionality, ie. you can't reboot your vps but using their panel (issue confirmed with their support). But the greatest problem is that their virtualization platform don't provide good isolation. So it often happens that iowait cause your vps to be slow. They have to find the vps consuming too many resources and move to a different node. See: http://i.imgur.com/fHKrZ.png

-) Edis, I can tell about their 'Italian' node. It is simply NOT connected to Italy. It has almost no peers inside Italy. I tested with the 2 largest italian DSL providers and i have to pass thru their AT/DE node to get back to Italy. Exchanged many email with them, problem confirmed they do know you usually have to route from Italy to Vienna and back to Italy. They say that peering agreements are expensive etc.

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited November 2011

@Aldryic

As a reseller of there Windows VPS for what.. 2 days? I can say that i am disgusted with there support response times and content. We took on 3 orders in that first 2 days and 2/3 were reporting problems with slow performance/downtime twice in those 2 days.

Upon sending multiple tickets to there support department with the ping results showing the servers as been down they took maybe 3 hours to respond and each time the response was, it seems online from here.

Well yeah it might be now but it wasnt 3 hours ago when i sent you those ping results. Luckily we switched those users out onto our KVM test node and they have had nothing but good things to say since, just a shame burst net almost lost us 3 customers in 2 days (All large plans as well, no small fry)

Someone is going to call me out on this and say your bound to say that your a competitor, but i have screenshots at hand for any skeptics.

• Nah, we don't touch the reselling business for that exact reason. If something's broken, then it's our problem, and we can fix it ourselves :P

I was more thinking of just picking up a small personal VPS and mapping out responses from their support team.

• @Aldryic

Oh for sure, we never touched them either... But when enough clients start asking for a Windows option where going to make it available. Rather than going through the whole SPLA thing with MS we just thought we would re-sell a couple of burst configs.

What a bad idea that was. But luckily the few clients in question had licenses and were happy to move on to our testing KVM node (Which you were on) and use there own license, worked out better for us all in the long run.