Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH - cant reach my vps since weeks!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH - cant reach my vps since weeks!

Heya,
So I have been with ovh since about a year having a 2014 vps with them. Since about 1 month I cant reach my vps. It is always displayed offline (red for ping, http, ssh..) in ovh webpanel and i cant ssh to it. Even various reinstalls didnt work. I opened a ticket with them and phoned them and they stated that from their side it looks all good.
It acctually did. But only for about 5 mins then didnt anymore... i have prepaid the vps till May 2016 but really I cant use it anymore.. any ideas what i can do as tickets dont seem to get me anywhere? The problems cant be caused due to me as i reinstalled vps various times and just installed nothing on it to see if it stays up which it didnt. Becomes unavailable after ~5mins after reinstall..

Comments

• If its 5 minutes, how about you keep them on phone during that time?

• don't look at ovh panel, it's buggish. Does it stop pinging after 5 minutes?

• So why not cal them back up? Why not submit another ticket? Both of which you could have done in the time it took you to post this thread.

• Well obviously it's roughly ~5 mins. And i performed various checks trying to connect to it via putty, use online portchecker (youseesignal) and ovh panel.

@Peroni Congratz for coming up with that^^ wouldnt have figured out that one..
    I have contacted them various times.

• Maybe its the firewall thats blocking your access? Try disabling the firewall/mitigation.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Ympker said:
    Well obviously it's roughly ~5 mins. And i performed various checks trying to connect to it via putty, use online portchecker (youseesignal) and ovh panel.

Peroni Congratz for coming up with that^^ wouldnt have figured out that one..
    I have contacted them various times.

I called them yesterday when my SSD VPS went down , their support told me that it was due to a problem at their end and fixed it immediately. When you call them , they will ask for your ticket ID for escalation (I am not sure if ticket escalation with OVH support matters though).

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited February 2016

going with @xaoc - maybe some kind of firewall/network issue. you probably should find someone you trust and who can support you. if it goes down that fast, it should not be an issue to do a reinstall and hand over the login data to someone just to take a look at it (for 5 minutes ;-))...

try and use another OS/template on reinstall if you didn't tried that already.

remember that it is a VPS after all, so the problem is very unlikely to be a hardware issue, cause that would affect a lot of other customers too.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Will try it once more tonight :)

• Well, all my OVH related boxs are down for me, same for their website.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @FredQc said:
    Well, all my OVH related boxs are down for me, same for their website.

that is probably an actual incident on their whole network and by no means related to the issues OP experienced ;-)

• ZEROFZEROF Member
    edited February 2016

One friend got this:

We are receiving a major route-leak from AS31500.
    Currently shutting every session we have with this peer (it started on the AMS-IX)

It's downtime season all over the internet :)