Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Contabo alternative, 2TB and 30GB RAM 25EUR
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Contabo alternative, 2TB and 30GB RAM 25EUR

I am looking for a Contabo vServer alternative

https://contabo.com/?show=vps

25EUR, 30GB RAM, 2TB HDD

Dedis in EU acceptable as well as KVM or VMware VPS with similiar specs, budget 35-40EUR

Comments

• @The MagicOne care to explain WHY ;-)
    always interested in first hand experiences of ones having services with contabo and co...

• @Falzo said:
    The MagicOne care to explain WHY ;-)
    always interested in first hand experiences of ones having services with contabo and co...

well i decided to try them out a month ago, because i wanted to host a small owncloud for some friends and me. I went with their vps m plan and i dont have much to complain. Of course im not using nearly the 6GB they gave me :D
    one downside of contabo is their weird traffic limitation:

Unlimited traffic: No additional costs due to traffic (if average traffic consumption continuously exceeds 60 Mbit/s over a timespan of at least 5 days the connection is switched to 10 Mbit/s).

• @s0ftcorn said:

thanks for sharing! ;-)

Their limiting policy maybe a bit weird in declaration. after all if you do some math it turns out that they are limiting you to not use more than 3 TB bandwidth per 5 days
    This way it probably gives somewhat more usability than limiting to 600GB per day, but less than simply limiting to 18TB per month.

after all 100 Mbit/s is a dealkiller though, as I would not go for the RAM but the diskspace and backup purposes. no need to wait hours for 100-200 GB to transfer...

• JacobJacob Member
    edited February 2016

We can do the following;
    Quad Core (varied spec), 2 x 2TB 7.2K SATA HDD, 10TB Bandwidth at 1Gb/s Price: £30.99
    This server can be upgraded to 100Mbit Unmetered.

This will be provisioned in Media City, Manchester.

@TheMagicOne said:

• @Makkesk8 not enough space

@Jacob is that including VAT?

One has to be lucky to get a relatively cheap 2x3TB Hetzner servers, but they seem worth it. Anything else like them?

• TheMagicOne said: Anything else like them?

Servdiscount.com

• @Frecyboy know about them, Hetzner's still superior

• JacobJacob Member
    edited February 2016

VAT isn't applicable.

This server is also available to anyone else (there's multiple).

Quad Core (varied spec)
    2 x 2TB 7.2K SATA HDD
    8GB Memory
    10TB Bandwidth at 1Gb/s
    Price: £30.99

Located within Media City, Manchester.

@TheMagicOne said:
    Makkesk8 not enough space

Jacob is that including VAT?

One has to be lucky to get a relatively cheap 2x3TB Hetzner servers, but they seem worth it. Anything else like them?

Thanked by 1BradND
  • entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

@TheMagicOne said:
    I am looking for a Contabo vServer alternative

https://contabo.com/?show=vps

25EUR, 30GB RAM, 2TB HDD

Dedis in EU acceptable as well as KVM or VMware VPS with similiar specs, budget 35-40EUR

Bought this package, can confirm it has 30GB ram, 2TB HDD, they are running e5-2620v2 on the machine I got.

• @Jacob said:
    VAT isn't applicable.

This server is also available to anyone else (there's multiple).

Quad Core (varied spec)
    2 x 2TB 7.2K SATA HDD
    8GB Memory
    10TB Bandwidth at 1Gb/s

He wants 30GB RAM

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

TheMagicOne said: I am looking for a Contabo vServer alternative

For what reason are you not just going with Contabo if they have what you are looking for?

I ask this because most likely this is the same reason you wouldn't go with anyone else who offers the same.

• This is no problem, the servers did have 32GB in them originally, they've just been stripped down and as a result we've got an excess of memory.

Updated Specifications;

Quad Core (varied spec)
    2 x 2TB 7.2K SATA HDD
    32GB Memory
    10TB Bandwidth at 1Gb/s

@TheMagicOne - if you're interested please do feel free to contact me via PM or support [at] aboveclouds.co.uk

@hostnoob said:
    He wants 30GB RAM

• ftnftn Member
    edited February 2016

There is nothing called Contabo alternative. Contabo servers are sucks. So do the other server too, if anyone offer same spec.

Contabo Server CPU is nightmare. Purchase Dedicated Server with ATOM and Celeron processor even have more power than these shits.

You cant consume full of 32GB of memory same time with poor CPU configuration. During high I/O your CPU will burn like hell. I can ensure you can use at highest amount of 6GB Ram. 32GB ram, just a eye wash. Its almost like using 32GB ram with Pentium 4 processor (Lol, even its not supported).

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited February 2016

@ftn

Your grammar are suck.

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • @ftn

Your comments is horrible.