Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OnApp systems unstable?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OnApp systems unstable?

danodano Member
edited January 2013 in General

I have been using a couple of Onapp/Xen VPS machines from a couple of providers for the last few months, and they have been quite unreliable so far. More times than not, I try to SSH into the VPS, only to find that it's gone "out to lunch" - I try and ping it, and get no reply(ICMP allowed of course). My next step is to login to the control panel and see if I can restart the VPS, and this is where I get the perpetual "please wait, refreshing" -- followed then a support ticket to get whatever has gone wrong fixed, again. I honestly can't imagine that both the OnApp providers I am using currently are this bad, so I am thinking it must be the OnApp platform itself?

Has anyone else noticed availability/reliability issues with OnApp powered VM's?

Comments

• No, most likely is that people have failed at configuration.

I've been playing with it for a while and really like it so far. Has the 'Everything just works' feel all over it.

• jhjh Member
    edited January 2013

Err... Not sure which companies you're thinking of but it's nothing to do with OnApp! I use OnApp/KVM for my hosting at the moment and it's working perfectly, and also offer consultancy to an OnApp/Xen-based company and theirs is problem-free too.