Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

E3 - dedi request
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

E3 - dedi request

vetvettervetvetter Member
edited February 2016 in Requests

I already grabbed a server in similar specs however I am looking for a deal on another one with these specs or better in a different DC:

• E3-1230

• 16gb ram - prefer ECC

• (1) 1tb hdd or (2) 500gb hdd or (1) 240gb SSD - somewhat flexible

• Dedicated IPMI/KVM

• 1 IPv4 at least

• 100mbs unmetered or 30tb @ 1gbs

Looking to get this in at $25 a month and would plan to be a long term customer.

Would prefer US provider, however I would not rule out elsewhere.

If you can meet this feel free to post the offer or PM me if you don't want to share. I am not looking to resale, this server is for personal use.

Thanks!

Comments

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

vetvetter said: $25 a month

It that a set budget? Because you won't find anything around here for that price.

Thanked by 1AbuRayhan
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Can you share with us from where you got your first dedi, if it's at that price. I'd be interested as well.

Thanked by 1cassa
  • @AlexBarakov said:
    Can you share with us from where you got your first dedi, if it's at that price. I'd be interested as well.

Same :p

• vetvettervetvetter Member
    edited February 2016

I see somewhat similar offers here in this range all of the time. Four places that come to mind are:

• WSI does their i7 2600's for $30/mo
    • Stadium servers 1230's for $35/mo
    • Online.net special offers @ $19 - $29
    • Volumedrive 1230 @ $28

While I realize I am at the low end of where others have offered I didn't think it was out of the question for someone to shoot me an offer....

• If you're in if for the long haul pick up a used E3 and send it out to colo. You should be able to get closer to your mark at that point.

• razibahsanrazibahsan Member
    edited February 2016

If you interested in this offer, you can buy from us (Price will be little bit higher)
    Intel Xeon E3-1240v3,
    3.4GHz CPU,
    8GB RAM,
    250GB HDD
    5 Dedicated IP's,
    10 TB Bandwidth,
    Price: $49/Month,
    Order Link
    Use this coupon code to get in $49: LETdol1dis

You can check our others regular dedicated server packages here: https://www.cyberdeveloperbd.com/dedicated-server

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited February 2016

@razibahsan said:
    If you interested in this offer, you can buy from us (Price will be little bit higher)
    Intel Xeon E3-1240V3,
    2 x 3.4GHz CPU,
    8GB RAM,
    250GB HDD or 120 GB SSD,
    5 Dedicated IP's,
    10 TB Bandwidth,
    Price: $50/Month,
    Order Link

You can check our others regular dedicated server packages here: https://www.cyberdeveloperbd.com/dedicated-server

Do it at USD 49,- (recurring) per month and it would fit the rules... Otherwise, it doesn't.
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/71561/lowendtalk-rules-and-guidelines

• @Amitz okey, I will charge him $49 with coupon code (recurring) per month.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • 2 cores E3?

• Doesn't nuggets have a promo right now that promotes shit like this?

• He actually pulled it right from HVHs promo and charged $14 more. It's a VPS, a bit misleading in their email as well. My guess is he doesn't even realize it.

Self-Managed Cloud Based Dedicated Server

CPU: E3-1240v3

Cores: 2 x 3.4GHz

Hard Drive: 250GB HDD

Ram: 8GB RAM

Bandwidth: 10TB

IPv4: 5

Instant Activation!

Hard Drive: 250GB HDD

Only $35/mo

Click Here To Order

And

CPU: E3-1240v3

Cores: 2 x 3.4GHz

Hard Drive: 120GB SSD

Ram: 8GB RAM

Bandwidth: 10TB

IPv4: 5

Instant Activation!

Only $35/mo

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @razibahsan said:
    Amitz okey, I will charge him $49 with coupon code (recurring) per month.

and time to read rule

• Can anyone become a provider now?

• @msg7086 said:
    2 cores E3?

Yes

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Amitz said: Do it at USD 49,- (recurring) per month and it would fit the rules... Otherwise, it doesn't.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/71561/lowendtalk-rules-and-guidelines

I thought that was only for posting offers, not replying. But @jarland can sort it.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Riz said: He actually pulled it right from HVHs promo and charged $14 more. It's a VPS, a bit misleading in their email as well. My guess is he doesn't even realize it.

Nice catch :-)

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@razibahsan your offer meets none of OPs requirements. Can you not read? You don't meet his budget, bandwidth, or HDD requirement. Why even post?

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@raindog308 said:
    I thought that was only for posting offers, not replying. But jarland can sort it.

I'm cool with any offer in a reply, as long as it isn't someone spamming (generally recognized as someone who only replies to threads to advertise their services).

• @razibahsan said:
    Intel Xeon E3-1240v3, 2 x 3.4GHz CPU
    3.4GHz CPU,
    8GB RAM,
    250GB HDD
    5 Dedicated IP's,
    10 TB Bandwidth,
    Price: $50/Month,
    Order Link
    Use this coupon code to get in $49: LETdol1dis

I appreciate the offer, however as others have pointed out I am not really interested in an HVH cloud VPS which from your original response it looked like. I could just go directly to Ernie for one of those.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2016

@razibahsan said:
    yes

OP is looking for a dedi and you being mislead by HVH's offer, offered him a VPS instead of dedi at a price which isn't acceptable in LET any VPS can only be quoted max upto $7/mo and dedicated @ $49/mo

Also my friend E3 is a quad core processor not a dual core, R.I.P Intel.

• @jarland said:

I guess it's pretty clear that guy is trying to sell a VPS as a dedi, and thus fake advertisement and a violation of $7/month pricing policy.

Thanked by 1FredQc
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@msg7086 said:
    I guess it's pretty clear that guy is trying to sell a VPS as a dedi, and thus fake advertisement and a violation of $7/month pricing policy.

I don't follow, but I'd love to see the work that led to that conclusion because selling VPS as a dedi is a really good way to piss off LET ;)

• @jarland said:
    I don't follow, but I'd love to see the work that led to that conclusion because selling VPS as a dedi is a really good way to piss off LET ;)

I have to say I have seen 2 providers that I know of that are now currently offering what they refer to as "cloud dedi's"... Seems to me like they are just jazzed up VPS's.

Maybe they are on ESXi or Xenserver and offer Vmotion or Xenmotion, but they don't explicitly say that.

If you would like to know who the two are PM me and I would be more then happy to give you the names...

• MINIMAN10000MINIMAN10000 Member
    edited February 2016

Sorry for butting in here but I've got to clear up at least got to clear up misconceptions about LET pricing rules here.

In the rules you will find under section

Posting offers

Edit to add to that it is also a subsection of

Low End offers only. Currently a price point must be met

VPS must not exceed USD$7/month recurring on monthly billing, with no setup fee, or

VPS must not exceed USD$15/year recurring on annual billing, with no setup fee, if the provider has been in business for less than a year, or

VPS must not exceed USD$48/year recurring on annual billing, with no setup fee, if the provider has been in business for more than a year, or

VPS must not exceed USD$96/3 years recurring on at most tri-annual billing, with no setup fee, if the provider is a registered business and has been one for at least two years.

Dedicated must not exceed USD$49/month recurring on monthly billing, with no setup fee.

Please note that all this applies to the Posting Offers section and because this is discussion none of this applies here.

However providers should at least stay close to the price requested. It is helpful when people can post links to the closest ones they can find to the price as in this case the majority of the providers aren't even within $10 of the OP. I'm here because I'm pretty sure I remember seeing $30 e3. But for now the closest I can find is E3 $35 but I would be interesting in seeing if anyone can come up with something cheaper just because I love tracking the price competition over time.

Riz said: If you're in if for the long haul pick up a used E3 and send it out to colo.

Honestly I can't find colocation under $40 at least for a 1u.

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

@MINIMAN10000 said:

There are a few providers offering colocation in Psychz Dallas for less than $40 including ourselves at $35 however not great if there are offers for an E3 at $35.

• @MINIMAN10000 said:

Its very much possible in Dallas. Dallas is so congested with colocation anything over $15 for 1U is possible it just depends on who you know and what you need.

• @jarland said:
    I'm cool with any offer in a reply, as long as it isn't someone spamming (generally recognized as someone who only replies to threads to advertise their services).

I'll keep that in mind for next time! :-)