Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pop-Tart SLA - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pop-Tart SLA

1235»

Comments

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited February 2016

snipped

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2016
  • This has got to be the coolest thing done....

+50 to delimiter.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited February 2016

@raindog308 said:

Some people have unlimited data :)

Also, I thanked you on 2 of your posts... voila! You've been thanked 4000 times, bud :)

• And I only get 300 MBs on my mobile data plan, per month.
    Can't a guy poop in peace these days, without worrying about data bills? Is this the kind of world we are living in?

• @Junkless said:
    And I only get 300 MBs on my mobile data plan, per month.
    Can't a guy poop in peace these days, without worrying about data bills? Is this the kind of world we are living in?

Thats quite low I get like 4GB mobile data.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @masterqqq said:
    Thats quite low I get like 4GB mobile data.

Ikr. Thought it might be coz I am paying just 1.6$ or so per month for the data plan. Mostly on wifi, so the limit almost never gets crossed (not this time though.. Sigh).

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Junkless said:
    And I only get 300 MBs on my mobile data plan, per month.

That's why one must ensure the Wi-FI covers the bathroom area.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @dragon2611 said:

It does. But what can one do when the internet connection goes down. Cant even go and change the cable for the backup connection, without finishing the business. That's when mobile data comes to rescue and take the 0.71 cal ..err.. i mean 71 MB bullet for the team.

• @Junkless - AutoFailover to backup ;-)

• Use a proxy/vpn to filter out domains.

Junkless said: It does. But what can one do when the internet connection goes down. Cant even go and change the cable for the backup connection, without finishing the business. That's when mobile data comes to rescue and take the 0.71 cal ..err.. i mean 71 MB bullet for the team.

• If you use AdAway there is the option to add custom domains.

AdAway (Block advertisements) - https://f-droid.org/app/org.adaway

• @GM2015 said:
    Use a proxy/vpn to filter out domains.

@Traffic said:
    If you use AdAway there is the option to add custom domains.

AdAway (Block advertisements) - https://f-droid.org/app/org.adaway

but but but .. then I will miss all the gif action...wont i ? :(

@dragon2611 said:
    Junkless - AutoFailover to backup ;-)

I have one two internet connections and 1 ADSL router. So the only "Automatic Failover" device in the house is "ME", as per my gf.

• @Junkless said:
    I have one two internet connections and 1 ADSL router. So the only "Automatic Failover" device in the house is "ME", as per my gf.

Ahh I have automatic failover in "Most" circumstances, Only event I can think of where it wouldn't if PPPoE stays up but everything beyond is dead (That would also mean my Co-lo router isn't reachable on either connection)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Junkless said:

Openwrt with mwan3

• @netomx said:
    Openwrt with mwan3

Need to have more than 1 WAN port in the Router...correct ?

@Junkless said:

Nope. You need to use vlan for this, but nope. The wan and a lan port will work

• oh..really ? Need to check it out then. But just to be sure.. I have 2 WAN cables and 1 WAN port on the router. So you are saying that I can plug both (one on WAN and other on LAN) and configure an automatic failover system ?

@Junkless said:
    oh..really ? Need to check it out then. But just to be sure.. I have 2 WAN cables and 1 WAN port on the router. So you are saying that I can plug both (one on WAN and other on LAN) and configure an automatic failover system ?

Yes. Using vlan, you van assign a lan port as an independent port... and then use mwan3

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • @dragon2611 said:

His scent is so powerful it can create a wifi dead zone.

• @0xdragon said:
    Jarland Rule added: No GIFs or high quality images posts permitted.

FTFY