Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interest in Slovenian VPS ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Interest in Slovenian VPS ?

Dear community,

I know Slovenia is considered as an exotic location for a VPS, but I might have some juicy deals shortly. How many of you would possibly interested in a:

Specifications:

1x IPv4

512 MB RAM

1 CPU Core

E3-1220 v2

10 GB HDD disk space

100 Mbps best effort (Will be closely monitored for abuses)

vmware virtualization

$7/month located in Slovenia, Ljubljana

Opinions, ideas ? Let me hear them out and I will see what I can do.

Regards

Comments

• Test IP?

• Which DC? You will probably have to offer more resources for $7 to compete against providers with Vienna location as majority of Slovenian ISPs peer at VIX.

• edited February 2016

@iKocka said:
    Which DC? You will probably have to offer more resources for $7 to compete against providers with Vienna location as majority of Slovenian ISPs peer at VIX.

Hi there. It would be colocated with Optimus. Vienna is not considered rare location, and there is no point to make a comparison with it. Slovenia is fairly new into hosting business, and the prices for a Slovenian VPS with 512 MB ram range from 15 € upwards with the current few providers there are.

Regards

• @iKocka said:
    Which DC? You will probably have to offer more resources for $7 to compete against providers with Vienna location as majority of Slovenian ISPs peer at VIX.

But it's VMware.

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2016

Exactly, prices in Slovenia for a vps are really high but the 1U colocation is about 65€ monthly at 100Mbps unlimited which is not that high...

• iKockaiKocka Member
    edited February 2016

@professionalxen said:
    It would be colocated with Optimus.

FYI, Optimus = ISG. If you google it you will find some bad reviews. Tuš Hosting is probably a better choice.

@professionalxen said:
    Vienna is not considered rare location, and there is no point to make a comparison with it.

If you say so. Vienna is just 5 ms away from Ljubljana and all ISPs except Telekom peer openly at VIX. Not to mention that all international traffic goes trough Vienna.

@professionalxen said:
    Slovenia is fairly new into hosting business, and the prices for a Slovenian VPS with 512 MB ram range from 15 € upwards with the current few providers there are.

But they also have better infrastructure and offer true 24/7 support. If you prepay at least a year in advance you can get similar pricing to yours.

• edited February 2016

@iKocka said:
    But they also have better infrastructure and offer true 24/7 support. If you prepay at least a year in advance you can get similar pricing to yours.

a) There are always some positive and negative, but such things are not hard to resolve when you live an hour drive away. There are couple of providers, but the gap between pricing in each is ridiculous.

b) Yes, the issue is not the ping, the point is location and many people will find it useful, including Slovenians who can get the VPS even cheaper.

c) Infrastructure is not necessarily better, there are plenty of other countries and providers who can provide the same and for MUCH MUCH lower pricing. Basing the pricing on "1 year prepay" is pretty invalid, sure, you could achieve lower pricing, but at what costs? Not many clients are willing to prepay for one year, that is a lot of money and a lot of hosting time and also, prepaying for a VPS in any other country such as Austria,Netherlands etc. will get you completly low end pricing.

But as I said, this is just a topic regarding interest, nothing is determined yet, and I will most likely end up colocating in The Netherlands.