Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Container IPs and Hostnames mixing up
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Container IPs and Hostnames mixing up

JacobJacob Member
edited January 2013 in General

I've just discovered, that the majority of things across all my Kansas nodes, have been renamed, IPs mixed up and Hostnames different swapped with other containers... (Only one of the nodes have been rebooted recently).

I'm completely baffled, and having never experienced this before just confused if this is going to occur again.

Anyone had this problem in the past?

Comments

• Uhm, solusvm is also reporting two seperate VMs as the same container ID, with different IPs?? :wtf-face:

• JacobJacob Member
    edited January 2013

I have 1.13.03 installed, which is released as stable.

• jhjh Member

Is it messed up in vzlist or just Solus? What do the conf files in /etc/vz say?

• conf files in /etc/vz display the norm, it's displaying in both solusvm and vzlist.

Pretty confused as to what caused this, but if solusvm is showing two VMs as the same container ID how am I supposed to find the other one...

:baffled:

@jhadley said: Is it messed up in vzlist or just Solus? What do the conf files in /etc/vz say?

• It's definitely a bug, but untill someone else experiences it then It's "unknown".

I got their eventually, and have a guy working on this over night to get everything straightend out.

[can now be closed]

• Had this issue earlier today, @BenND resolved it though.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited January 2013

I couldn't understand did this affect the host node or solusvm only?

Pretty sure that if 2 containers have the same ID, they won't boot up.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2013

@Alex_LiquidHost said: Pretty sure that if 2 containers have the same ID, they won't boot up.

If they are on different nodes they will. I have about a dozen VPSs in SolusVM with the ctid of 101, just all on different nodes. :)