Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Provider Poll Results - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Provider Poll Results

2»

Comments

• Isn't it possible that Prometeus went down as people split their votes between Prometeus, iwstack or iperweb? Could someone add those 3 together?

• @zsero said:
    Isn't it possible that Prometeus went down as people split their votes between Prometeus, iwstack or iperweb? Could someone add those 3 together?

Votes are already combined.

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • The result means also - the provider must get more customers for happy votings next time ;-)

• Why is RamNode good?

• elgs said: Why is RamNode good?

Maybe you should find out.

• elgs said: Why is RamNode good?

I'm not sure in terms of pure quality there's quite the gap that the poll suggests. If I were to hypothesise as to why they continue to do so well:

• The generous storage allowances on the OVZ plans makes them look great value, despite the fact that most people never get close to using their allowance.
    • Nick doing whatever he needs to avoid complaints - does nobody think it odd that there are never RamNode complaint threads despite the amount of people who use them? I'm assuming he refunds at the drop of a hat to negate the chance of bad press
    • People voting purely because they want a new RamNode discount code, because apparently $15/year for 128MB/80GB HDD isn't cheap enough.

To summarise, whilst I don't think RamNode do anything amazingly right (compared to other hosts), they clearly don't do much wrong, and if you can combine that with the twin arts of marketing and customer service (where Nick clearly is way ahead of a lot of providers) you're onto a winner.

• And yeah, Prometeus are all about client retention these days rather than chucking around discounts to get in new customers, so that's why they are where they are IMO.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited February 2016

@Nekki - I thanked your post but wanted to clarify that I don't think quick refunds are a factor. I think we're generally pretty stable, pretty fast, and offer quick support replies. We certainly need to catch up to various competitors on features (in progress).

Thanked by 1Lee
  • Just a quick heads up that the poll will be running only twice a year. Once in the middle of the year and once at the end.

So the first poll for 2016 will be in June, and last one in December.

Not sure how it will be run yet, but hopefully something different (maybe only 1 vote per person, for their favourite provider).

We'll see when the time comes!

• Hopefully we won't call them quarterly top providers then.

Ishaq said: Just a quick heads up that the poll will be running only twice a year. Once in the middle of the year and once at the end.

So the first poll for 2016 will be in June, and last one in December.

Not sure how it will be run yet, but hopefully something different (maybe only 1 vote per person, for their favourite provider).

We'll see when the time comes!

• The table break let mobile theme

Thanked by 1WHT
  • KamAKamA Member, Host Rep

@rokok said:
    The table break let mobile theme

Fine for me. Just isn't responsive, so it goes out of the page boundary.

• It's good to see Hostus getting the recognition they deserve. They are an excellent provider with services and support far above their price point.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • @sb56637 said:

Or is possibly an indication of slipping quality?

It's better than ever.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2016

Hello!

Thanks for the votes.

1. Prometeus revenue (to a lesser extent due to lowering prices) and customer base continue to grow, albeit at a lower pace because we are close to or at the capacity we can manage without further people. Due to uncle's wizardry with automation, we can now add 2 more locations, in NL and RO, but this is because we replicate a model which worked and because Milano is full until the third DC is ready.
    2. We are very strict in selecting new customers because, as mentioned earlier, we are at capacity and there is not much of a margin for resources dedicated to keeping abuse in check. This generates frustration and i saw negative votes.
    3. The voting period coincided with an issue with the logic within the fc links in milano, which were difficult to diagnose and catch as were intermittent and looked like a different issue with the storage. Cooperation with the Hitachi guys was needed.
    4. Due to various issues, we are no longer that active here.
  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited February 2016

These polls usually skew favourably towards the aggressively growing hosts with loss-leader LET deals.(exception:ramnode)

Nothing wrong with that. Just something to keep in mind. :)

Bad service is likely not why some former winners have dipped a few ranks. (edit: my grammah, my eyez!)

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • @vimalware said:
    These polls usually skew favourably towards the aggressively growing hosts with loss-leader LET deals.(exception:ramnode)

Nothing wrong with that. Just something to keep in mind. :)

Bad service is likely not why some former winners have dipped a few ranks. (edit: my grammah, my eyez!)

While I agree in theory, with the exception of gestiondbi and virtwire (maybe hostus?), I'm not seeing any of the "loss-leader" or "ridiculous" providers on the results so I'm not too sure. GM5 also tied for 12th place (which is pretty good for a new provider IMO) and we sold only dedicated servers around here (no VPS). The majority of sales were all priced HIGHER than the popular providers around here such as delimiter/dacentec as well. I feel like the polls MIGHT skew towards cheapo providers with $10/year plans due to client quantity, but because of the nature of those deals, client satisfaction is generally lower and thus cancels out that advantage.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • totototo Member

no love for aruba cloud?

• Thanked by 1jar
  • Woo! 12 votes - thanks guys :)

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • dediserve said: Woo! 12 votes - thanks guys :)

Thanked by 1dediserve