Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggest me the cheapest possible VPS in USA ( LA + NY + Chicago )
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Suggest me the cheapest possible VPS in USA ( LA + NY + Chicago )

hybridizedhybridized Member
edited January 2013 in Help

Hi, these are my requirements will appreciate your suggestions:

1) OpenVPN for personal use so Tun/TAP should be enabled
2) 64-512 MB RAM whichever reduces the cost the most
3) 10-50 GB BW whichever reduces the cost the most
3) IPv4 addon to add additional IPs when required at rate $1-$2 maximum
4) OpenVZ
5) Looking to spend $2-$4 / month maximum

So what are my cheapest options? I'm open to offers if any host is willing to make me a custom package let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited January 2013

Please see our website. We can enable TUN/TAP upon request. Additional IPv4 is $1/month.

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited January 2013

There is the URPAD 72 hours sale:

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/194340

Not for NY though but you can get LA + Chicago with them.

DISCLAIMER: Not working for them, has a VPS with them.

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited January 2013

I can do each of these locations at $2.00 per server a month / paid yearly and you just have to install tun/tap via the control panel. We do not however allow public proxies

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/7372/24khost.com-yearly-vps-24.00-a-year

• urpad cheap now

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I can do LA for 20$ per year :)

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

If you are willing to do Texas, our new $24 year 256mb SSD offer may interest you:

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/7478/fliphost-announcing-new-ssd-vpss-from-2-per-month-1.6gb-io-5-day-sale

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2013

urpad, chicago-vps, buyvm, serverdragon, budgetvm all have offers around 15 dollars/year.
    There are many more, i recommend urpad/budgetvm. Have VPSes with both and they deliver quite a good product for the money, will do as VPN.
    Also, many other people have a good opinion about buyvm (dont have a vm with them right now).

• I have been looking for the same thing and have tried a few places and have been discouraged by OpenVPN a LOT :( I setup one with hostigation, which is a great VPS, but my openvpn speeds are terrrible, like 2 - 3 Mbits :( I don't know where the problems are, it's just brutal

• @funkymcbain said: I don't know where the problems are, it's just brutal

And do you suffer the same with pptp? I am curious if it is OpenVPN possibly

• Haven't tried PPTP, have to try to get around to that. What I've been trying to do is get rid of the whole openvpn certificate chain and do authentication based on user/pass to see if that's the issue. Most VPNs seem to do that, so I wonder if they know something I don't, which is quite likely :) I've also wondered if I'm just too far, I'm in Canada, so I've been looking for other hosts closer to me but yours has real nice throughput. I haven't tried sending files between me and the VPS because I just assume that since everything I download direct to the VPS is blazing fast that the link between us is good... maybe I should verify that though.

PS, your script for CentOS OpenVPN doesn't seem to work, yum bitches about something, I've just been using Debian

• @funkymcbain said: wondered if I'm just too far, I'm in Canada

Depends on your location in Canada and if you have the VPS in LA or Charlotte, Eastern Canada seems to be very popular for selecting Charlotte. Western... LA

• Ya I just think it's OpenVPN right now. Oh well, I'll keep trying something

• Hi, we have 128mb and 256mb vps that can do this. Extra IPs is $1.5.

https://www.cloudshards.com/budgetvpshosting.php/

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2013

@hybridized

We can offer you 128MB for $5/quarter, or 256MB for $4/month or $10/quarter. Available in UK (Maidenhead) or US (Chicago IL, Los Angeles, Lenoir NC). I can do either of these with 50-100GB bandwidth.

Additional IP's are $2/month subject to acceptable justification (e.g. SSL certificate). All nodes are OpenVZ.

Let me know if you have any questions.

• @hybridized said: 1) OpenVPN for personal use so Tun/TAP should be enabled

2) 64-512 MB RAM whichever reduces the cost the most
    3) 10-50 GB BW whichever reduces the cost the most
    3) IPv4 addon to add additional IPs when required at rate $1-$2 maximum
    4) OpenVZ
    5) Looking to spend $2-$4 / month maximum

So what are my cheapest options?

All of this satisfied for $1 per month in New York at https://ipxcore.com/budget-vps/

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Please give RamNode a look.

• @funkymcbain said: I've also wondered if I'm just too far, I'm in Canada, so I've been looking for other hosts closer to me but yours has real nice throughput.

If you have Cogeco try a vps in Choopa.net, NJ their peering with Cogeco is actually pretty decent, my good friend is able to max his cable modem. If another company, I am not so sure, but I would still test out Choopa. Choopa usually has max 8 hops to almost anywhere in North America, they have awesome peering and routes, and they also have excellent routing to Europe as well.

• you can check out http://lowendstock.com/ for some options too
    Id recommend ipxcore they have been great to me

• Thanks for all the offers and suggestions guys, I'll be surely purchasing from a few of you now and a few in the future.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited January 2013

@hybridized We have all 3 locations:
    Buffalo, NY
    Los Angeles, CA
    Chicago, IL

If it's $2-4/mo per VPS you can send me a PM and we can work something out :)

• I will have some LA stock soon with SSDs in the next few weeks