Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Murphyology applied - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Murphyology applied

2»

Comments

• @Francisco So you replaced vyatta by Brocade? Had to rewrite ponynull in this case?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@apollo15 said: @Francisco So you replaced vyatta by Brocade? Had to rewrite ponynull in this case?

Nope.

We replaced our force10's with a single brocade SuperX. Ponynulld could work in SFLOW mode with very little effort.

We priced out an RX-8 but didn't like the routing table limits (512K entries). The next up was an XMR/MLX, but 10gig ports are silly expensive on it.

We paid < $2500 for the SX and it included 2 x 10Gbit ports with transceivers. I don't know how I swindled such a good deal considering the next bid was $4500 and the RX was $7500. We were actually all set for the RX until we wanted 10 gigs and all that.

Besides, I really didn't want to have to use sflow/netflow for ponynull. In its current state, ponynull has a < 2 second kick in time with BGP prop times. sflow would likely be in the 30s+ mark.

Francisco

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@pubcrawler said: Unsure how much SecureDragon's new Colorado location may have contributed to their recent issues.

None, the issues were all limited to our Tampa location with our Denver location being unaffected. We will be adjusting our Tampa setup to mirror our Denver setup and avoid future BGP issues like we've been seeing since we moved into Tampa.

• @Francisco said: Ponynulld could work in SFLOW mode with very little effort.

Just wondering how you check for pps and mbps on Vyatta box, with iptables or some sort of netflow system such as such as nfdump? Maybe Vyatta got its own tool for accouting pps / mbps?

@apollo15 said: Just wondering how you check for pps and mbps on Vyatta box, with iptables or some sort of netflow system such as such as nfdump? Maybe Vyatta got its own tool for accouting pps / mbps?

Voodoo. We wrote all the code that does the accounting and action hooks (emails, nullroutes, firewalling, etc)

We don't use vyatta for anything critical any more and haven't in quite some time. :P

Francisco

• @KuJoe Denver is still not active?

@LAKid said: @KuJoe Denver is still not active?

Server is online but was put on the wrong VLAN. Once IPv6 is online we'll send out an e-mail.

• To be honest issues occur when moving or staying put in the same data center, The Buyvm guy's have done a great job with there support and time frame around this move, so has Kujoe with the issue he had as it was fixed within a day or so ? Either way every company has issues whether technical or not. its apart of Hosting/life.

• +1 MonsteR.

I am impressed that BuyVM ironed out all the issues in the move so quickly. I expected to see remnants of it through Sunday of this week.

Bad thing about most moves is providers incur hordes of expenses to do moves and/or expansions and often are paying for unused location. It's hard on the company unless long planned and financially viable.

Seen many moves when a provider had customers getting DDoS'd and the reseller/provider gets booted. Those are mega ugly.

Will be nice to see SecureDragon's new location. Not many offers in US Mountain area and Denver.

@pubcrawler said: Will be nice to see SecureDragon's new location. Not many offers in US Mountain area and Denver.

We've had some good feedback on it so far. I'm glad we went with Handy Networks over FDC.

• hello. is the network stable now for buyvm?

@jcaleb said: hello. is the network stable now for buyvm?

Been stable since Monday evening/Tuesday morning :)

Aldryic will be emailing everyone in the morning giving them a run down of everything and a status report.

Francisco

• Thank you boss.

• LOL! I clicked the buttom at collegue compúter lab xD

• God damn you murphy, damn you... shakes head

• @graca said: buyVM relocation problem

Alds :

Anthony :

Fran :

Nikki :

• hahahaha nice pics

Why does Nikki have a sars mask?

Francisco

• @Francisco said: Why does Nikki have a sars mask?

http://www.alaindelorme.com/?p=works&ga=totem

just pick one that fits her. :P