Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Proxy Control Panel - Opinions
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Proxy Control Panel - Opinions

ProxyPortalProxyPortal Member
edited February 2016 in Requests

Hi,

Over the past few months we have been developing a Proxy Control panel which uses haproxy & nginx for automation of TCP & HTTP proxies.

We have been wondering what type of interest you would have in this if it was to be publicly released(Will most likely be paid but the core may be released open source, we are still deciding)?
Proxy Portal was created because we have seen a lot of people requiring a Haproxy & Nginx control panels - more types of proxies/software will be added in the future.

Here are some examples of what has been created so far:
https://i.gyazo.com/c907072b81220c30be9d6b27da746482.png
https://i.gyazo.com/0e35b2de911c7389ce75eea2d31371d0.png
https://i.gyazo.com/e066b0393dd4fc21e5c51a0a51ccb57d.png

A lot more features are already added(See list below). Above you can see an example of a few of the some of the already available features to give people an idea of the style it is current using. We are also having a new design developed to give you more options and we will eventually have a theme system to allow you to edit your own.

Dashboard,
My Proxies,
View a Proxy,
Add a Proxy,
Edit a Proxy,
My Customers,
Add a Customer,
My Servers,
Add a Server,
API Access Page,
Along with this a full API, WHMCS module has been created allowing you to make use of all the functions available on the main site and the following features are planned which will make things a lot easier for the owner of companies receiving fairly large attacks.
Firewall,
Subdomains(for HTTP proxies),
SSL Management(For HTTP Proxies),
Branding features(In testing currently),
Resellers(Will be useful for companies which sell Reseller versions of their services),
Blesta Module

We have seen other proxy control panels on here but they have not lived up to the expectations of a stable proxy control panel and have not been released/used terrible methods to update the servers which may cause problems in the long term.

If you would like to apply for beta, please go to the following URL: https://proxyportal.co.uk/beta then you will need to message us with the token it gives you so we can activate your account.
Please do not share it publicly or you may have to resubmit your application.

Would you use, test or try Proxy Portal?
  1. Would you like to use, test or try Proxy Portal?47 votes
    1. Yes! I have been looking for a while.
      55.32%
    2. Yes! But only if I can import my current panel over.
        0.00%
    3. No, I have my own.
        4.26%
    4. No, I have no use or need for a Proxy Control Panel
      17.02%
    5. Maybe in the future.
      23.40%

Comments

• i would like to test

• ProxyPortalProxyPortal Member
    edited February 2016

@mentari said:
    i would like to test

We have sent you a message, with the link to apply for beta.

• Thank you

• can i test :D

• Yes it would be good if the panel supports bandwith limitation ,api, charts and graphs and also different types of proxy like http or squid...and also support iptables and some firewall....for each user...and groups...

• @gaul said:
    can i test :D

• Also .....
    Can I get one....

• Can you send me invitation for the beta?

• @robohost said:
    Can you send me invitation for the beta?

@noaman said:
    Also .....
    Can I get one....

We have sent a message to both of you, with the link to apply for our beta.

• Applied...

• vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep

Let me enroll on the beta test. Link please

edited February 2016

@vpsGOD said:
    Let me enroll on the beta test. Link please

The recommended requirements for your server when you install Proxy Portal are the following:
    512mb or higher
    Centos 5.x or Centos 6.x(Required for it to function properly - has worked on Centos 7 but not aswell as with Centos 5.x/6.x)
    NGINX 1.8 or higher.
    Haproxy(Latest version, latest version will always be supported)

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2016

Could I get an invite for this? Thanks.

• Invite please.

• @pcfreak30 said:
    Invite please.

• I can test too :)

• @CFarence said:
    I can test too :)

We have sent you a message containing the link to apply for beta.

• Just for people who are unable to find the 'add a server' page, we have made an update which will allow you to go straight to it rather than going to My Servers -> Press the alert.

edited February 2016

To make it easier for people who wish to wish to apply for beta, go to the following URL:
    https://proxyportal.co.uk/beta then message us with the token it gives you so we can activate your account.
    Please do not share it publicly or you may have to resubmit your application.

• All beta applications we have seen have been processed, we are pushing an update to the API tonight which will allow us to release our WHMCS module. Some other changes will be published by tomorrow itself including UI changes, settings pages and another few features which will make it a much easier to use the control panel.

We are also going to enable our server manager on Saturday which allows you to see all the proxy portal related processes on your server, see its status, see if there is a problem and it will allow you to rectify that problem by giving you a little guide in a popup window.

We are still accepting beta requests, a demo account will be available within the next few weeks to allow you to test the control panels features - for people who do not want to test it with their own servers.

• We have made a few changes to Proxy Portal.
    Proxy Portal changelog:

-> Added client editing

-> Added client deleting

-> Fixed customer adding, was a few problems - caused by the initial update.

-> Process Manager Added(Server Configuration editor needs to be added)

-> Server Deletion has been added.

-> WHMCS Module has been recoded - contact us for it.

-> Updated API page to allow you to set an API IP.

-> Made minor API modifications and added some extra functions which will be made use
    of in another version of the WHMCS module after March the 6th.

-> Made minor changes to the process manager, fixing bugs - and making it a lot easier for us to add more to the process list.

If you wish to sign up for beta please use the link posted above - if you have any questions feel free to message us about it and we will try and response within 24 hours.

• This is very interesting and I would lo to do some testing. May I get invite? Thank you and good luck with the project :)

• @sirmbhe said:
    This is very interesting and I would lo to do some testing. May I get invite? Thank you and good luck with the project :)

We have sent you a message with the instructions to apply for the beta.

• Interesting, I'm in, sending you my token. Thank you.

• @roykem said:
    Interesting, I'm in, sending you my token. Thank you.

Your account has been created.

We have just released the WHMCS module on our site, we are now working on a Blesta module.
    What other billing systems would you like to see implemented?

• Lemme try this mate. Thank you

• @labrax said:
    Lemme try this mate. Thank you

To apply for beta please go to https://proxyportal.co.uk/beta then message us with your token and we will activate your account as soon as possible.

Thanks for your interest, if you have any problems feel free to contact us.

• Due to a high amount of requests, we will disable the beta application form on the 8th of February - there is no exact time.

We will implement an automatic beta testing system and/or a demo system as soon as possible.

• We are now accepting beta applications again, you can use the existing beta application form and send us your tokens - we have made a much simpler way for us to activate and review your accounts.

Within the next 2 weeks we will be implementing more client side features, including a Client API, writing a full API documentation with examples and we will be working on bringing fully automatic SSL support for HTTP proxies.

If we did decide to sell Proxy Portal focusing on startup hosts and already established hosting companies, how much would you want to pay and what would you expect for that price?

We will also be deciding what business model we will be using, and we will decide on if we will release our core or any other part of Proxy Portal.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to message us and we will try our best to respond as soon as possible.

• We haven't made a post on here for almost a week, so here are the updates.

Proxy Portal as a control panel:

-> We have cleaned up many parts of our site, our code and our API for the easier adding of features in the future.

-> We have made several changes to the way we update servers, the previous method was underused and not as effective as it could have been. This has been updated and it is now much more effective and makes the connection less stressful on our servers.

Proxy Portal as a business:

-> We have decided on a SaaS business model, which means we will be working on a few load balancing features which would be put in use on our site but will also be available for HTTP Proxies.

-> We have decided we will charge between $3.99 and $7.99USD per server(we may yet offer an unlimited server plan), we are yet to decide and are happy to accept feedback on what you think we should charge.

Proxy Portal beta:

-> The beta will be ending on the 26th of February, at this point all beta servers and accounts(and associated services) will be removed - if you wish to move over to a paid plan at a discounted rate feel free to contact us.

-> The beta may be ending but we will be introducing different ways to test Proxy Portal by the beta closure date.

Proxy Portal Enterprise:

We are working on a private solution of Proxy Portal, which would be separate to other installations of proxy portal and would be dedicated - just for your company.
    This would offer customization features, allowing you to add your companies logo, branding and put it on a *.proxyportal.co.uk subdomain or your own subdomain(for example ***.yourcompany.com) It also gives you early access to some features and some features(yet to be decided) will be enterprise-only.

Please contact us for information regarding our enterprise solution, and we will do our best to assist you.

The Proxy Portal core:

After going through all our options we decided we will not release the core at this moment in time. It is something we would like to do in the future but at this stage of our development we think it would not be right for us to release any part of our core but we will do our best to release the core(or parts of it) by the end of 2016.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact us and we will do our best to assist you. You are still able to apply to the beta, feel free to use the following button: