Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Revolut as a payment gateway?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Revolut as a payment gateway?

Just wondering if anyone is using it as its pretty frustrating that PayPal does not support all countries and it looks very easy and secure to implement. Anyone used it? I have enabled it on our website to try it out.

https://revolut.com/

Thanked by 1JamesK

Comments

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited February 2016

Jup, works fine as prepaid cc, even got the plastic one send to me, works fine too.

Read somewhere that it's a company by neteller before I signed up, but idk anymore where that was, probably even on their own site.

• starservicesstarservices Member
    edited February 2016

We got a business account I see you can just send balance to your normal bank, Just I had to turn loads of people away because their countries do not support PayPal. I did use stripe but I am do not like the way they handle charge backs as their is no communication its all automated.

• @starservices said:
    We got a business account I see you can just send balance to your normal bank, Just I had to turn loads of people away because their countries do not support PayPal. I did use stripe but I am do not like the way they handle charge backs as their is no communication its all automated.

how about braintree

Thanked by 1starservices
  • @starservices said:
    Just wondering if anyone is using it as its pretty frustrating that PayPal does not support all countries and it looks very easy and secure to implement. Anyone used it? I have enabled it on our website to try it out.

https://revolut.com/

I have just looked at this site and read one of its feature ('It is instantly send and spend money globally with zero fees) I think this platform will remain good to save money.

• Havent looked at braintree yet but yeah JamesK thats what attracted me to it. Had no payments on it yet though

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Frecyboy said:
    Jup, works fine as prepaid cc, even got the plastic one send to me, works fine too.

Read somewhere that it's a company by neteller before I signed up, but idk anymore where that was, probably even on their own site.

How fast? Needed to buy a virtual neteller CC.

• They are not owned or any way associated with neteller as far as I know. They're reasonable but watch out if you're going to use it as a merchant gateway.

• Infinity580 said: How fast? Needed to buy a virtual neteller CC.

I think it was a week or so.

• This might interest you guys http://www.mycashplus.co.uk/business/default.aspx

Its what we use as a business account, its awesome no monthly chargers just a one off fee of £75 and you get a mastercard, Account number, Sort code and your own IBAN number. Its just like a business account even with Online banking you can transfer fast payments.

Also pretty cool that we got Powerful Box written on our cards as well lol, as you can attach additional cards to the account for £5.

Thanked by 2doghouch aglodek
  • @Infinity580 said:

If you just need a virtual card it is instant. The plastic card can take up to a week to arrive depending on your location. Overall I like Revolut. Nice system and clean app.

• @Baris said:

Couldn't get past registration, from Singapore here.

• Check the FAQ: https://revolut.com/FAQ

Revolut is available to legal residents of the following countries: Aland Islands, Andorra, Austria, Azores, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canary Islands, Ceuta, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Falkland Islands (Malvinas), Faroe Islands, Finland, France, French Guiana, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jan Mayen, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madeira, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte, Melilla, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Réunion, Romania, Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Georgia, South Sandwich Islands, Spain, St. Barthélemy, St. Martin (French Part), Svalbard, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom and Vatican City.

In the future we aim to become available worldwide!

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • @simonindia said:
    how about braintree

Thanks for that I never knew about Braintree, I have set it up but haven't received any transactions yet but its looking good.

• Ole_JuulOle_Juul Member
    edited February 2016

Interesting, neither Revolut nor Braintree are available in Canada. Not much available here it seems.

Edit: oops and sorry, I didn't see it with all the flags, but it's at the top on the Braintree page. well at least that's one alternative company.

• @Ole_Juul said:
    Interesting, neither Revolut nor Braintree are available in Canada. Not much available here it seems.

Edit: oops and sorry, I didn't see it with all the flags, but it's at the top on the Braintree page. well at least that's one alternative company.

Its basically an paypal alternative from paypal

• @starservices said:
    Thanks for that I never knew about Braintree, I have set it up but haven't received any transactions yet but its looking good.

Great happy to help

• @starservices said:
    Havent looked at braintree yet but yeah JamesK thats what attracted me to it. Had no payments on it yet though

Then, it is the great news and best resource for all.

• Revolut isn't a payment gateway, at least not in the normal sense, with buy now buttons, guest checkout, etc.

• ktkt Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2016

starservices said: This might interest you guys http://www.mycashplus.co.uk/business/default.aspx

Its what we use as a business account, its awesome no monthly chargers just a one off fee of £75 and you get a mastercard, Account number, Sort code and your own IBAN number. Its just like a business account even with Online banking you can transfer fast payments.

Also pretty cool that we got Powerful Box written on our cards as well lol, as you can attach additional cards to the account for £5.

Absolutely riduculous, the only reason people would use something like mycashplus for business acc is because either they have bad credit or are unable to attend a meeting with their bank manager to open the account. Most banks now offer start up with 12 - 18 month free banking period, there is no excuse to goto a proper bank if you're going to do it right from the start.

Unless you like to show off to your friends that you have a "business" card the whole name thing is not really "cool".

For one, especially small businesses they are not covered by the FSCS and you will lose every penny if they fall.

• Braintree is by Paypal though.

• starservicesstarservices Member
    edited February 2016

@Zeniva said:
    For one, especially small businesses they are not covered by the FSCS and you will lose every penny if they fall.

Like you said free for the first 12 months then they charge you stupid prices for you to just store your money. When it comes to the FSCS well that's a joke anyway and you could make the same argument with PayPal balances etc, we don't need to borrow money etc and cashplus been round for a little while.

I didn't want to go through the experience going into a bank and try being sold different products, the cash plus is my partners name who has a grate credit score its just convenience.

• ktkt Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2016

starservices said: When it comes to the FSCS well that's a joke anyway

Most banks have electronic tarrifs around £75-100 mark a year, if you think that's too high to go with a proper regulated bank then that's quite concerning. I'm yet to receive these product advertisements from several banks from a personal and business perspective for quite some time. If you read and tick the correct boxes, it goes a long way.

It's also great you think protecting the consumers/businesses is a joke. I assume you have no idea as to what it even does.

• When we shopped around we got quoted £450 with Lloyds, then we found cash plus they been trading for a long time. I am happy with them always been good and been using them for about 2 years now, forgive me if I do not share the same faith in UK banking regulation as you do.

• ktkt Member, Host Rep

@starservices said:
    forgive me if I do not share the same faith in UK banking regulation as you do.

Hilarious, you trust a third party company more than a bank with your finances. I assume you also use Mycashplus for your savings and all current accounts as well then?

• No always use Lloyds for personal stuff but I don't see why your trolling another providers bank account lol. How can you really tell me to have faith in banking regulation when all bank accounts in the EU suppose to be safe for their first 85k and not to recent history shows they can ignore regulation when they want.

Can you go and bump your posts some where else and go and look after your own money lol.

• ktkt Member, Host Rep

starservices said: EU suppose to be safe for their first 85k and not to recent history shows they can ignore regulation when they want.

EU != UK FSCS. 100k EUR is protected for EU member states, equivalent to £75k in UK. Compeltely different system. UK has been paid out several times before if you're aware.

Anyways yes it's your choice, still quite funny :)

Thanked by 1starservices