Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Serverdragon down - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Serverdragon down

13»

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2013

@rds100 said: You have two routers, right?

We did, attempts to setup VRRP have resulted in downtime so right now we are running a single router with a very basic config just to keep us online (which is still unpredictable at best). It also looks like both fiber uplinks are bad and our backup copper uplink is only 100Mbps and their switches are setup so that if one uplink is active, the other uplink is disabled. I'm assuming their A and B sides are setup for failover and not for load balancing.

• @KuJoe sounds like some peculiar setup you have there. :P

I'm curious as to what routers you use. Vyatta?

@Jacob said: I'm curious as to what routers you use. Vyatta?

Yes. We had 2 Vyatta routers running BGP + VRRP and a handful of custom scripts and 2 different switches. There was complete redundancy from each server to each upstream provider but that went out the window once BGP decided to go crazy on us since BGP is replicated on both the A and B side on the network.

• @KuJoe Any ETA as to Denver Node setup?

@LAKid said: Any ETA as to Denver Node setup?

Tracking shows it's out for delivery. Once they rack it we'll setup the IPs and do a 24 hour burn in period before releasing stock.

• @KuJoe so by this weekend comfortably I guess?

@LAKid said: so by this weekend comfortably I guess?

Hopefully much sooner. We will be sending out an e-mail to active clients and provide links for new orders tomorrow hopefully.

• Down again.

• You should have received an e-mail about the network maintenance, however, if you didn't here is an excerpt:

"We will begin working on this Sunday (1/27) @ 3PM
    EST. The maintenance window for this will be 3 hours (3-7PM EST). We are expecting
    minimal downtime while we do the cut over and move some cables. We will be
    reconfiguring our current router and place a new Cisco router in for redundancy.
    Since this is a critical break-fix situation we will not be able to schedule this
    for the future and will need to happen as soon as possible to ensure no more future
    outages."

Cheers!

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited January 2013

@Jeffrey

Network maintenance reminder http://www.twitter.com/SecureDragonLLC

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited January 2013

Ohh, so now we are trying to nit pick, obviously it took a little longer than expected... whaa...

• @lshaq Wasn't aware of this

• @Spencer has something to say about this.

• @Damian said: @Spencer has something to say about this.

I LOVE LAMP

We started late due to traffic in downtown Tampa. Making some final touches on our new Cisco router, then switching back to our Vyatta router, then we'll be out of here.

• Thanks for the update @KuJoe

I think we're finally done. Bringing IPv6 back online now and we'll be finish for tonight. Next weekend we've got some cleaning up and automation to work on but it won't be anything like tonight was.