Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Voxility Dedicated server providers? With their DDoS protection
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any Voxility Dedicated server providers? With their DDoS protection

edited February 2016 in Providers

I'm looking for Voxility Based Dedicated server providers. What I specially looking is at their DDoS protection.

Any good E3 with 16GB of RAM

500GB(or higher)x4 on RAID 10

10TB/mo bandwidth @ 1Gbps (preferred. Shared)

/30 IP block with SWIP

Comments

• Whoever you choose, just don't go with Weesly.

• @Frecyboy said:
    just don't go with Weesly.

Why shouldn't he go with @weesly ? I'm currently consider this provider for my stuff

• Frecyboy said: Whoever you choose, just don't go with Weesly.

Any reason ?

I'm currently looking at Zare and going with Vox directly. It's not entirely my decision so I cannot decide what to choose by my self. I need to provide them a small report so investors will approve it.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited February 2016

Downtimes, Downtimes, Downtimes and he cant solve it, there DDOS protection is to paranoid.
    Dont go with Weesly.

Everytime a Box gets hit by DDOS dosent matter if yours, you will notice it...

• Infinity580 said: Downtimes, Downtimes, Downtimes and he cant solve it, there DDOS protection is to paranoid.

Oh :\

edited February 2016

Maybe DC related:

Weesly: https://status.x8e.net/index.php?data=900dbdb5c00801a6a62db1a7c93f07ba

And a VPS located in the same DC:
    https://status.x8e.net/index.php?data=7f756106950dced1f5782336903c05c3

However, because of the Downtimes on the VPS, i created a ticket and the Support told me, that these issues are known and they are working on resolving it...

• Infinity580 said: Maybe DC related:

That's unfortunate. I'm running a real-time application so downtime is a concern for me. :( It's the next Facebook ;)

In all seriousness, I'm looking to host one of our application. But clients who uses it keeps getting DDoS attacks and it bugs us. So we've decided to move to a better protection.

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

@sdglhm said:
    I'm looking for Voxility Based Dedicated server providers. What I specially looking is at their DDoS protection.

Any good E3 with 16GB of RAM

500GB(or higher)x4 on RAID 10

10TB/mo bandwidth @ 1Gbps (preferred. Shared)

/30 IP block with SWIP

Maybe you should give a try with zare.co.uk.

• AlbaHost said: Maybe you should give a try with zare.co.uk.

Yes. I've already contacted Harry. He was so helpful and provided me with all the information. But my management require me to provide at-least three different providers and my suggestion over it. I'm going to leave this company soon... >-<

Thanked by 2vimalware Zare
  • @sdglhm said:
    But my management require me to provide at-least three different providers

Hahaha management sucks you have to go through all these loops to get what you need its ridiculous.. It's even worse when they think they have knowledge in the area but in fact they know squat all... But of course they're always right and end up screwing over everything...

• ATHK said: Hahaha management sucks you have to go through all these loops to get what you need its ridiculous.. It's even worse when they think they have knowledge in the area but in fact they know squat all... But of course they're always right and end up screwing over everything...

Imagine signing 3-6 papers just to approve a $250 >-< fml

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @sdglhm said:
    Imagine signing 3-6 papers just to approve a $250 >-< fml

I know the feeling and really empathize with you.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

DDoS protection is a bitch.
    Due to constantly evolving botnets and the problems between the chair and keyboard, DDoS attacks will continue to grow, perhaps exponentially. Inevitably, the protection providers will fail, because the price will be so high, almost nobody will afford it, while the attackers get cheaper and cheaper DDoS "resources".

• @Maounique said: DDoS protection is a bitch.
    Due to constantly evolving botnets and the problems between the chair and keyboard, DDoS attacks will continue to grow, perhaps exponentially. Inevitably, the protection providers will fail, because the price will be so high, almost nobody will afford it, while the attackers get cheaper and cheaper DDoS "resources".

Sadly, I agree. And it's the one security issue online that server users can do little to mitigate by themselves.

• How about going with a buyvm vps as a voxility tunnel to a nearby dedi (their storage vps has a ton of transfer allocated)

You'd basically be paying buyvm for their hands-on filtering expertise and support.

The storage vps is just a freebie at that point.

• Hey @Frecyboy and @sdglhm,

thanks for give us response to our Service. Currently our Partner has issues with the Frankfurt Location, so there are sometimes little Loss or Dissconnected. Currently we cannot solve by ourself. Currently we're building our own DataCenter, were we'll have two Dark-Fiber Wires. One to Amsterdam and one to Frankfurt. On both Sides we'll connect to Voxility, so we have a reduntant connection to this partner. But this will be finished earliest in May 2016.

It very simple:

• If a DDoS attack is beeing sent to our network the Sensor-Cluster will detect it in millisec. - But sometimes, on huge attackes there's a little loss on all IPs. To solve this issue, we can set your IP to always-on mode, so you prevent those loss (Then the bandwidth wont go towards the sensor mode, will be filtered everytime - even if there's no attack). But you'll have a little high ping.

@Frecyboc: Send me your customer no. and I'll check the ticket again. We'd like to make every customer happy. If we cant, we'll give refund.

@sdglhm: If you like to test 4 free, send me an email and I can setup you a free VPS for one week to test and check our solution.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@vimalware said:
    How about going with a buyvm vps as a voxility tunnel to a nearby dedi (their storage vps has a ton of transfer allocated)

You'd basically be paying buyvm for their hands-on filtering expertise and support.

We do offer dedicated servers in Las Vegas with filtering if the OP wants.

Biggest issue is the OP's country, but if it's a business account I can likely move things along.

Francisco

• Maounique said: DDoS protection is a bitch.

We're effed as a specie :\

0xdragon said: I know the feeling and really empathize with you.

[Gives a hug]

vimalware said: How about going with a buyvm vps as a voxility tunnel to a nearby dedi (their storage vps has a ton of transfer allocated)

I've explained our upper management. And guess what (They've no damn idea about the hosting or anything) and they've said, "No, we know what's the best for us. Get a dedicated server with "FULL" ddos protection for $100"

I'm binging (Not googling) ways to commit suicide !

weesly said: If you like to test 4 free, send me an email and I can setup you a free VPS for one week to test and check our solution.

I'll send information to the management. They've the final stroke :[]

Francisco said: We do offer dedicated servers in Las Vegas with filtering if the OP wants.

Biggest issue is the OP's country, but if it's a business account I can likely move things along.

Francisco

Thank you

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited February 2016

weesly said: @Frecyboc: Send me your customer no. and I'll check the ticket again. We'd like to make every customer happy. If we cant, we'll give refund.

sdglhm said: Any reason ?

@Weesly

The problem is simple, you said here, everything is working with your brand "dein-vserver", but it clearly isn't.

Signed up after you said that, to get a mysql error as a response after ordering. Sadly didn't got a screenshot of that.
    Also didn't got something like a order confirmation mail, so I tried to look if your system has even created a User for me. (Lost password -> entered my mail).

Got a response:

And logged in, too see a account that wasn't in my name, with tickets open from guy's that aren't the account creator either. Of course those were unanswered since over a month, so another indication that you just abandoned that brand.

Idk if I violate any laws by adding screenshots (that contain tickets written by random customers, can send them if you or someone else is in need of a proof.

So, if you need to know my ID, customer ID 9003000, like everyone else who signed up with you.

Even send you a PM about this, which you didn't replied too. Didn't had to make that public.

Edit: Even got a screenshot of the mysql error

I would like you to just delete the customer details you got from me.

• @Frecyboy We'll check. Thanks for reply.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

Recently had contact with Zare and they seem to be nice. They made me a nice quote.

• @Francisco said:
    Biggest issue is the OP's country

So you do not like people from Asian countries sign up with you or is it something else? Because I never heard from anyone mentioning Sri Lanka as a high risk/fraud rate country

@weesly said:
    Frecyboy We'll check. Thanks for reply.

I contacted you multiple Times over skype since weeks and the issue is not fixed...

• @Infinity580: Can you Send me a Message by Skype? I cannot find Anything with infinity in it. I am online Right now.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@kingcobs999 said:

Why would we have a problem with Asian countries? To be honest we see less fraud out of a lot of the bigger regions (China for instance) than we do in other places (US, UK, etc). Anyway, to answer your question...

We've seen a real pickup in fraud (stolen credit cards & paypals) ever since we started doing BuyShared a couple years back. Something like 90% of the signups we get from Sri Lanka are straight up bad.

If you do a quick lookup for "Sri Lanka Fraud" on google you'll find tons of discussion from people getting their cards stolen, cloned, random charges, etc, and many people saying "take cash if possible".

If it's a business registration with an office or something to prove it's legit, then that's mostly fine, I can't see fraud being an actual business model to operate by.

Francisco

• Francisco said: We've seen a real pickup in fraud (stolen credit cards & paypals) ever since we started doing BuyShared a couple years back. Something like 90% of the signups we get from Sri Lanka are straight up bad.

If you do a quick lookup for "Sri Lanka Fraud" on google you'll find tons of discussion from people getting their cards stolen, cloned, random charges, etc, and many people saying "take cash if possible".

If it's a business registration with an office or something to prove it's legit, then that's mostly fine, I can't see fraud being an actual business model to operate by.

That's very unfortunate for hear.

Actually I'm not going to be a racist or something. But I've a sense of that credit card theft situation. Two years back from now, there was a major credit card theft was running in Sri Lanka. Thousands of people was scammed by their con. Finally police were able to apprehend them after about a year and half. Only two of them were Sri Lankans and all others were They've called most of the customers from a certain company (Undergoing incident. I don't think It's legal to mention any names) and asked about their card number and cvv using different methods.

And the most tragic part is, even some Sri Lankans are doing the same thing. Even our company is getting constant charge-backs from PP and CC. There are some people who's posing as Internet money guru's. They teach their students to earn money by ebay chargebacks and stuff. (I wish I could one punch each of them)

In this case, the company I work for is a established company and they've a reputation among locals. And they're happy to do any bank transfers also apart from CC or PP. :)

And when it comes to web hosting, there are thousands, if not ten thousands of summer hosts here. People randomly choose a $1/yr Master super duper mega reseller package and after one-two weeks offering unlimited packages, (not to forget nulled WHMCS) they got vanished.

And worst case is, some of those kids fake other people's information (rivals) and report them to places like Fraud Record and MM

Thanked by 2Francisco Wolf
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Francisco said: I can't see fraud being an actual business model to operate by.

You must be new here.

• weesly said: @Frecyboy We'll check. Thanks for reply.

So, any updates on this?