Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Script to "Pull" / "copy" cpanel backups with Reseller Access
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Script to "Pull" / "copy" cpanel backups with Reseller Access

Hi All,

Im planning for a backup for a few of my reseller a/c.
Im planning to get a T4vps , backup vps and have some script to get backups using the whm reseller access.

is that possible ?

Comments

• ZEROFZEROF Member
    edited February 2016

If you don't have ssh on that whm or option in whm menu (WHM > Backup, I never saw this enabled by default )you will need to backup one by one domain and put that to your main domain folder then new provider can pull up and restore. That is why "reseller" can suck.

If you are lucky "as i was last time i moved one reseller" new provider can provide you ssh and like that you can rsync all backups, but even that is not something that you will find every day.

Etc..

Thanked by 1Mridul
  • Well, i need something like : siteautobackup.com
    on my own server.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

You could probably script it through cPanel API but honestly I'd just do this:

1. Have shell access enabled for each user.
    2. Create bash script to do mysqldump and tar the user's home folder.
    3. Run scp to push the backup to the external server.
    4. Set it on a daily/weekly cron for the user.
    Thanked by 1Mridul
  • Look for whmeasybackup. Nifty piece of code, pretty handy.

Thanked by 1Mridul
  • @Junkless I didn't know about this one, hope that i will not need in the future, but bookmarked.

Thanked by 1Mridul
  • Try tdp.me

Thanked by 1Mridul
  • @Hybrid said:
    This might help you.

Have you tried this ?

• @Mridul said:

Yes, working fine, you just have to host the script somewhere safe. It basically logins to every cpanel account using the root account, and runs the backup wizzard of every cpanel