Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need VPS to use as a RDP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need VPS to use as a RDP

Hi,

I need a cheap/budget VPS which i can use as a RDP. My basic usage will be to download and upload videos using Chrome etc. So any help will be greatly appreciated. I would like to pay via credit card as Paypal is not supported in my country. Location preferred US and yearly payment. Thanks in advance :)

Best regards

Comments

• If you need RDP we are talking about a windows VPS, this is bound to incur in license cost. What is your budget?

• http://vds.click/index.php?countries%5B0%5D=3&payment_methods%5B0%5D=1&os%5B0%5D=6&windows=2 - VPS in US with windows license included in price and credit card payment method.

• @LoreSYS said:
    If you need RDP we are talking about a windows VPS, this is bound to incur in license cost. What is your budget?

You can even do it with Ubuntu Desktop by setting up XRDP or VNC.

Thanked by 2gorengo lukesUbuntu
  • @LoreSYS said:
    If you need RDP we are talking about a windows VPS, this is bound to incur in license cost. What is your budget?

I think VNC will also work for me. So a linux VPS will work for me :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

gorengo said: I think VNC will also work for me. So a linux VPS will work for me :)

Just be sure to secure it - VNC open to the internet is insecure as hell.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • I'm using RealVNC enterprise as it provides encryption for my connection.

Really fast, support copy paste without any tweaks, etc.

• EU then @arubacloud

1core CPU
    1GB Ram
    20 GB SSD
    2TB BW
    1 Dedicated ipv4
    Vmware

1€/month OR 12€/Year

https://www.arubacloud.com/

• @leonid239 said:
    http://vds.click/index.php?countries%5B0%5D=3&payment_methods%5B0%5D=1&os%5B0%5D=6&windows=2 - VPS in US with windows license included in price and credit card payment method.

Which script is that ?

• @Fritz said:
    I'm using RealVNC enterprise as it provides encryption for my connection.

Really fast, support copy paste without any tweaks, etc.

Thanks

@simonindia said:
    EU then arubacloud

1core CPU
    1GB Ram
    20 GB SSD
    2TB BW
    1 Dedicated ipv4
    Vmware

1€/month OR 12€/Year

https://www.arubacloud.com/

Thanks. It's a nice option. Still searching for any good deals :)

• @gorengo said:

Just forget what you have asked above for a sec

Can you tell you budget

preferred location (USA is a big one) [eg:east-coast,west-coast]

Visualization

intended use

quantity

specs

if you can fill that there are lot people who can help you.

have a great day

Thanked by 1guyz92
  • Budget: I'm looking for $15 yearly.

Preferred Location: Anywhere in USA ( Usage is in Asia )

Visualization: Any visualization

Intended use: Use as a RDP/XRDP/VNC

I hope that this will help :)

• simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited February 2016

@gorengo said:
    Budget: I'm looking for $15 yearly.

Preferred Location: Anywhere in USA ( Usage is in Asia )

Visualization: Any visualization

Intended use: Use as a RDP/XRDP/VNC

I hope that this will help :)

then HostUS is the choice @AlexanderM i have the same setup in LA buy that you will never have to worry about any thing

Thanked by 2gorengo AlexanderM
  • @simonindia

Thanks for that. Nice offer. What about the speed of their VPS and their support ? Is the bandwidth 2TB is for a year or monthly ?

• they are quality provider and i have a VNC setup there

BW is 2TB/Monthly

this is my setup ▼

• @simonindia

Great. I need the same thing as yours. I want to use it as VNC/XRDP. Basically my usage will be to download and upload some things by using e.g Chrome.

Can you pls also guide me on how you setup this ? :)

• simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited February 2016

@gorengo said:
    simonindia

Great. I need the same thing as yours. I want to use it as VNC/XRDP. Basically my usage will be to download and upload some things by using e.g Chrome.

Can you pls also guide me on how you setup this ? :)

Use a GOOGLE and for staters

Ubuntu
    https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-and-configure-vnc-on-ubuntu-14-04

Debian
    https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-vnc-server-on-debian-8

Have a great day

• @simonindia

Thanks a lot for help. I really appreciate that :) The only problem left is Hostus is not accepting credit card. They accept credit card via paypal but i can't pay with it as Paypal is not supported in my country.

• https://revolut.com/ this can help but where are you from.

• Actually i need it for a friend who lives in Pakistan. Paypal is not supported in Pakistan. So he want to pay via credit card (Payoneer) i think :)

• tell your friend to do a Wire Transfer to revolut app after registration

or @AlexanderM can help you open a sales ticket

Thanked by 1gorengo
  • @simonindia

Thanks a lot for your help buddy :)

Thanked by 1simonindia
  • @simonindia said:
    they are quality provider and i have a VNC setup there

Did you get XFCE working on Debian 8? Or is that 7?

• @hostnoob said:
    Did you get XFCE working on Debian 8? Or is that 7?

debian 7.8 64bit

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • I prefer MATE desktop over XFCE, just my opinion.

Thanked by 1gorengo
  • sb56637sb56637 Member
    edited February 2016

Here's my recipe: Pick a cheap VPS with at least 512 to 768 MB of RAM, and spin up an Ubuntu 15.10 instance. Then do the following:

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install python-software-properties

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:x2go/stable

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install x2goserver x2goserver-xsession

Now if you want a fairly basic desktop with Firefox and a few other basic things, do:

sudo apt-get install --no-install-recommends ubuntu-mate-core

Or if you want the whole kit and kaboodle with LibreOffice and everything:

sudo apt-get install --no-install-recommends ubuntu-mate-core ubuntu-mate-desktop

Finally, add a non-root user:

sudo adduser USERNAME

Now on your desktop computer, download the X2GO client. The advantage of X2GO is that it is massively faster than VNC-based protocols, and it works fairly well even over low-bandwidth or high-latency connections. It's basically the RDP protocol of the open source world, some would even say it's better than RDP. The only confusing thing is in the client. After you enter the hostname and username and choose the desktop environment, it will open a different window with like a blank screen and a gray box with a session name off to the right. What isn't obvious to me is that you need to click somewhere in the gray box to actually launch the session and type in your password.

Bonus tip: After logging in, you can make the Mate desktop look more like a "normal" Windows by going to Preferences -> Appearance -> Mate Tweak and selecting the "Redmond" layout with the Advanced Menu button checked.

• Add one or more two dollar...and you could get a 1gb openvz...also you could take a look at fireeasy KVM servers...I think they are in your budget...
    And if you are a Linux noob... @virmach...he has preinstalled I so images with noVnc....panel...

Thanked by 1gorengo
  • @sb56637
    +1...for that....
    I used it...but I found VNC much better....

• @noaman said:
    Add one or more two dollar...and you could get a 1gb openvz...also you could take a look at fireeasy KVM servers...I think they are in your budget...
    And if you are a Linux noob... virmach...he has preinstalled I so images with noVnc....panel...

1 or 2 USD more is not a problem. Which provider are you talking about ?

• Are xrdp or vnc clips working? Last time I use Linux desktop none working copy/paste clips on Windows

• @rokok said:
    Are xrdp or vnc clips working? Last time I use Linux desktop none working copy/paste clips on Windows

I don't have any personal experience but i heard from many people that it is good and also here in my thread a friend posted pictures of his personal VPS running VNC.