Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2GB RAM VPS, 80GB HDD, 2x IPv4 - ONLY $1 first month! Unbeatable deals in LA, Buffalo, Chicago
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2GB RAM VPS, 80GB HDD, 2x IPv4 - ONLY $1 first month! Unbeatable deals in LA, Buffalo, Chicago

laaevlaaev Member
edited January 2013 in Offers

ChicagoVPS is back with an unbeatable offer, we invite anyone to try out our services at no risk - the first month being just $1. ChicagoVPS offers plenty of perks and benefits to all customers, such as free DNS hosting, free monitoring, free manual backups along with automated weekly offsite backups of all ChicagoVPS nodes, 24x7 support, discounted pricing on control panel licenses, and so much more.

A particular provider on here is migrating services away from the coast, we invite you to ChicagoVPS as well as we proudly offer VPS hosting directly out of Los Angeles, CA right in the best coast - along with 2 other locations you can choose from (Chicago, IL or Buffalo, NY).

ChicagoVPS now rolls out automated weekly offsite backups of our nodes to ensure your data is in good hands, and we also offer free central backups for customers to take in SolusVM.

• 2048MB (2GB) Dedicated Ram
  • 80 GB Diskspace
  • 2TB Monthly Bandwidth
  • 100Mbps Port
  • 2x IPv4 Address
  • SolusVM/OpenVZ
  • Instant Setup
  • Free Backups
  • 3 Location Choices: Los Angeles, Chicago, or Buffalo!

Discounted Price: $1.00 first month, $7.00 per month thereafter. No contracts or hidden fees!

Use promo code: TeamCVPS when checking out to receive first month at $1!

Order in Los Angeles, CA - https://billing.chicagovps.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=143
Order in Chicago, IL - https://billing.chicagovps.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=141
Order in Buffalo, NY - https://billing.chicagovps.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=142

Customers who order this VPS may also select to order a discounted cPanel license at $10/month or DirectAdmin license at $5/month in the order form.

This offer is good while supplies last.

BONUS: Free 25 Slot Mohawk Voice Server if you order the above VPS - https://billing.chicagovps.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=46

Free Monitoring: https://billing.chicagovps.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=62

Network Test:

Chicago, IL
Test IP: 206.217.137.110

Buffalo, NY
Test IP: 75.127.3.3

Los Angeles, CA
Test IP: 198.23.128.127

If anyone has any questions, please email [email protected] - we appreciate the opportunity and look forward to hosting you!

Thanks,

Kevin

Comments

• I detect overselling.

• CiriumCirium Member
    edited January 2013

@curtisg

I think that's obvious..

I would personally like to know the node specs and the % of overselling they are doing but i`m guessing its high.

• TheHackBoxTheHackBox Member
    edited January 2013
     >_> ... Good deal Kevin. 
  • CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

How about we keep this on topic. If you have nothing productive to say then dont.

I appreciate it.

• do you allowed image hosting site ?

• I'm waiting for this plan to be priced at tree fiddy / month, then I'll buy one :)

• I'm waiting for them to pay me to use them. Then I'll think about grabbing one.

Just kidding, great deal!

You guys definitely have good prices and they just keep getting better.

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited January 2013

There is a difference between oversubscribing and overloading. Any OVZ host telling you they don't oversubscribe would be lying, unless they are new and don't have much clients yet. All of them oversubscribe their servers to an extent in order to take advantage of unused resources. However, be assured that ChicagoVPS has the proper monitoring tools setup in order to ensure stability across our servers, along with proprietary optimization and tweaks. We ensure that our services are not overloaded because we have alarms set on our servers which notifies our 24x7 engineers if there is ever a problem.

In the end, we can always live migrate accounts pretty easily if something becomes an issue, however we have never "fired" a client for using their resources in a legitimate manner. You definitely will not have any problems with utilizing all of the advertised resources in a way that abides our policies.

Thanks,

Kevin

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited January 2013

@ZeroCool said: do you allowed image hosting site ?

We allow this as long as the images are legal and not copyright content.

• @CVPS_Chris said: How about we keep this on topic. If you have nothing productive to say then dont.

I appreciate it.

It is productive, it is on topic, its a comment about you overselling :)

• @ZeroCool said: NY IP Test ping got many packet lose

The original test IP for Buffalo was nullrouted due with a DDoS attack, which coincidentally came in under 30 minutes after we posted this offer.

This issue is only isolated with our test IP server.

I have PMed you with an IP address of one of our Buffalo nodes that you may use for testing ping. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Kevin

• Are the Chicago nodes upgraded to 2.6.32 yet or still 2.6.18?

• @DomainBop said: Are the Chicago nodes upgraded to 2.6.32 yet or still 2.6.18?

New orders should all be going to 2.6.32 =)

• can i order just one month only?

• @arieonline
    order... than cancel after month..

• Did someone say $3.xx a month?

Know I saw such an offer on a 2GB plan from CVPS for returning customers with an annual payment plan.

My question is when will CVPS start offering Gbps? That's the only thing missing from their offers.

• @CVPS_Kevin said: New orders should all be going to 2.6.32 =)

Nice

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@pubcrawler said: My question is when will CVPS start offering Gbps? That's the only thing missing from their offers.

Maybe sometime soon, all our servers have been upgraded to over 1Gbps.

• Well, Gbps would make things more appetizing to folks. Probably more appetizing than the other upgrades.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited January 2013

@curtisg said: I detect overselling.

I'm not seeing why would you raise this now, as this is close to their standard $7/mo offer, just with first-month at an intro price. And the $7 offer is here for a very long time (since September-2011!), without too much complaints from people.

• @rm_

But is it stable is the question..

• @Cirium said: But is it stable is the question..

Current customers can answer

• CiriumCirium Member
    edited January 2013

tests on serverbear speak for themselves as well.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@Cirium it has been posted to LEB like 6 times, just open each post and read the comments.

• great offer, i got one!

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited January 2013

@Cirium said: But is it stable is the question..
    @jcaleb said: Current customers can answer

No.

• To be honest, if you don't mind, how much maximum VPS units will you set in this node? Well, at least I know how big this node's pressure when (maybe) something happened.

• As someone else stated, CVPS have been doing this for over a year; it's their 'standard product'.... if anything, this offer would cause churn, not stability issues. If you buy it with the mindset that you're going to use it, you should be fine.

• can i order more then 1 ?