Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prepaid Mastercard/debt card?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Prepaid Mastercard/debt card?

dragon2611dragon2611 Member
edited February 2016 in General

I could have sworn one of the larger hosts (Maybe online/ovh?) had something against prepaid cards in their TOS but I can't seem to find it.

Am I just imagining it?,

The reason I was looking at using one Is I have one that allows to me to hold balances in multiple currencies and would avoid the fees my bank/credit cards charge for currency exchange.

Comments

• ZappieZappie Member, Host Rep, LIR

https://revolut.com/ - EUR, GBP and USD with internal conversions. Havent had a problem paying both Online and OVH with it.

• @Zappie said:
    https://revolut.com/ - EUR, GBP and USD with internal conversions. Havent had a problem paying both Online and OVH with it.

Can this card be added in PayPal?

• @Zappie said:

That's the one I have actually ;-)

• Maybe Entropay (Only VISA)

• Check if Neteller fits. Takes 4.5% to topup though.

• How much the charge in revolut?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@mandark said:
    Check if Neteller fits. Takes 4.5% to topup though.

Depends which method, there are enought free ones.

• ktkt Member, Host Rep

@akhfa said:
    How much the charge in revolut?

There is no "fee", essentially free.

Thanked by 1akhfa
  • Is revolut any good? I have check neteller and entropay and neteller looks quite good.

Only looking for virtual credit card for some family members for online shopping.
    Thanks

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

If you want a debt card, feel free to take over one of my credit card accounts. I can even top off the debt for you.

• dragon2611dragon2611 Member
    edited February 2016

@forumsuk said:
    Is revolut any good? I have check neteller and entropay and neteller looks quite good.

Only looking for virtual credit card for some family members for online shopping.
    Thanks

No idea, haven't been using it long enough to make that judgement yet.
    Android app has crashed a few times. But online.net seemed to accept it when I entered it... annoyingly they'd already charged the card they had saved before I could change it (which isn't a major problem other than i'll get currency exchange fees)

• There's been reports of Entropay closing accounts without notice once a significant amount of money is transferred to the card. So maybe don't go with Entropay ;).
    I've been using MyWirecard without problems for a while now.