Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best self hosted Visio alternative for OSX
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best self hosted Visio alternative for OSX

Hi,

Anyone know of a good Visio alternative for OSX?

I'm looking for something that's self hosted as I don't want confidential docs on someone else cloud.

Thanks,

Comments

• dragon2611dragon2611 Member
    edited February 2016

If it's for diagrams Dia might work? http://dia-installer.de/

• This is one I struggle with everyday. I just run Fusion + Visio, there is NOTHING thats as good as Visio.

• @MarkTurner said:
    This is one I struggle with everyday. I just run Fusion + Visio, there is NOTHING thats as good as Visio.

Kind of what I was afraid of... Guess i'm going to have to spin up a Windows VM then... I assume it works fine in Windows 10?

• How about Astah?

Did not like it in first place, but tend to use it for all new and upcoming projects...

• patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR

I'm using Confluence (10$/y) + Gliffy Plugin (10$/y).

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

OmniGraffle, but it's expensive and fidelity in my colleagues' experience is not 100%, though I personally have not seen any issues.

Some guys I work with like LucidChart but it's not self-hosted.

Windows apps with Fusion are pretty easy to do. A couple tips you probably already know:

• Control-arrow-key moves you between full-screen VMs just like they were RDP

• Map a shared folder and put it on your windows desktop (e.g., a link to your Dropbox), and then you can share stuff between Win & OSX very easily.

• jhjh Member

I bought Omnigraffle and have used it a lot. I think it's a good investment.