Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone had this issue with arp requests on CentOS? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone had this issue with arp requests on CentOS?

2»

Comments

• support123support123 Member
    edited January 2013

@jarland said: It is entirely possible that there could be another problem, perhaps even software. However, if you have ruled this out, you can ask Gordon if he can see any reason why you would be having the same issue that Jarland & Ryan from Catalyst had. The situation should still be pretty fresh on his mind.

He blocked me on skype when asking for help ;) He did help me a lot,later blocked me.I will not say it is his wrong as the service is unmanaged
    The description of your problem is exact as my problem and my server is newly deployed,so I can guess we are having the same issue

Broadcast limit on gateway? can you explain it to me what you did to solve the problem

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@ftpit said: Are you with incero too?

No, different datacenter.

Although, if i keep the IPs connected to any container, they seem to work after X hours.

• @jarland I know a temporary solution where after creating a VPS, we need to enter inside the VPS (from node) and ping the gateway IP
    Once this is done,the problem is solved for that particular ip
    Need to be done for each ip one by one which is not good

• This is what my server admin told me
    "
    From our understanding the IP problem is not related with the type of OS we use, but will be of a networking level cache issue. From the different factors we have seen related to this issue , the ips would have have been used earlier on other servers and , after a change in servers the IP gateway cache will try to route to the old ip location. We believe this is what causing the problem
    "

Not sure ,if it correct or not

• Another solution is to ping the "not working ip" with winMTR,it will start working suddenly

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2013

@ftpit said: He blocked me on skype when asking for help ;) He did help me a lot,later blocked me.I will not say it is his wrong as the service is unmanaged

I would open a ticket and let him get to it as he can. He may simply be too busy to deal with this via skype. After all, everything technically works, just not as desired. Do keep in mind that this may not be the exact problem that I was having, but it did appear to be related to the broadcast limit. It is even possible that broadcast limit was not the issue and that whatever else was causing it happened to clear up at the same time that this was adjusted. You can ask him if this could be an issue for you as well, but I would accept his answer on it.

edited January 2013

@jarland
    I have hired many server admins (about 10) to check the issue.All telling me same thing that the ip block was not properly configured.I have created many tickets to resolve the issue with incero,but nothing has got resolved till now . @krs360 from here also checked the server,told me that problem in the ip block.Little frustrated

I'm inclined to think something else is wrong, because Gordon is well aware of what caused the issue for me. Have you tried booting a live cd and adding an IP alias to see if that works without pinging gateway?

• Just make sure the switch arp tables are not full :)

edited January 2013

I suppose there's always asking if you can be put on another switch. OpenVZ providers are probably making him want to go nuts.

edited January 2013

I have created a new ticket with him just now.It is frustrating to see the issue is not resolved for many days costing me lots of money while hiring people to check it

Perhaps we need to find a creative solution for this problem. A command in templates to ping the gateway on startup might help, but needs to be universal across nodes. Interesting thought.

• I did make a little script to enter all running containers and ping, this can obviously be added to start-up - it just seems a little backward. I've checked config vs my dedi and all seems well.

edited January 2013

I'd just be worried about the arp entries not refreshing. It does sound like its the same problem. I wonder why he's not quick to fix it. The amount of concern he showed for our issue was quite surprising. Spent a good couple hours on Skype discussing it while he experimented in the KVM.

Perhaps he's getting a lot of reports and he's working on a better fix than a bandaid?

• @jarland said: Perhaps he's getting a lot of reports and he's working on a better fix than a bandaid?

Maybe,but he is telling me that it is solus issue and no one facing it as the other servers working since they do not have solusvm .looks like lieing to me :)

edited January 2013

@ftpit said: Maybe,but he is telling me that it is solus issue and no one facing it as the other servers working since they do not have solusvm .looks like lieing to me :)

Have you disabled the IP stealing security option? Perhaps a "service ebtables stop" and try again? SolusVM does include options that, if bugged, could prevent ARP requests from getting out. It's more typical for IPv6 issues with this, but I wouldn't rule it out.

@jarland said: Perhaps we need to find a creative solution for this problem. A command in templates to ping the gateway on startup might help, but needs to be universal across nodes. Interesting thought.

My problem is different then. As for like X amount of hours there will be no connectivity at all, and all of a sudden it "just" works.

Sorted it out with another solution though.

@rsk said: Sorted it out with another solution though.

Strange. What did you end up having to do? Seems enough of us are having at least relatively similar problems to keep good notes.

edited January 2013

@krs360 @jarland @rsk I guess the issue is on their end.They changed my ip block and suddenly it starts working.When I try to ask about it on skype,they block me again lol :)

@ftpit When i asked to get an other IP block, i get told that it would give me the same end result. >.>

edited January 2013

@rsk said: @ftpit When i asked to get an other IP block, i get told that it would give me the same end result. >.>

Me too,but I keep asking them ,later they agreed to change my block and guess it worked for me