Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buying server hardware in Europe?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Buying server hardware in Europe?

MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Folks, do any of you know where to buy used servers for a good price with reasonable shipping price to Portugal?

Thanks!

Comments

• Ebay

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • How about other source?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @Jonchun said:
    Ebay

Yeah, I'd have to say eBay as well, unless Portugal has its own sort of eBay.

What's your idea of reasonable shipping, though? And how cheap to these servers need to be? What kind of hardware?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • The best deals on used hardware are on ebay, from UK or German based sellers. You are in Europe: don't buy Dell hardware from USA if you need the original Dell support, because Dell server hardware is region-locked and SLA terms are different. The actual hardware is the same, so there is no issue if you service it yourself.

For IBM/Lenovo hardware we sometimes buy from http://en.dcc.dk ; it seems to be the biggest Lenovo broker in Europe. Good prices and communications; fast delivery and no problem at all to ship on most European countries. The real discounts are for resellers and medium/big customers only; do not contact them if you need a single server or Thinlpad because ebay will be cheaper. They send me the stock list every 15 days and I saw good prices on Thinkpads with scandinavian keyboard, lately. They have an agreement with Lenovo for the reThink hardware, it will be covered by the full Lenovo warranty.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Hi folks,

I have read and took all comments into consideration. Will investigate further! :)

@mpkossen said:
    What's your idea of reasonable shipping, though? And how cheap to these servers need to be? What kind of hardware?

E3/E5, shipping cost 50—70 Euros.

• Hope op does not care I post in his thread about something a tad different, but how about providers in European countries with cheap power and bw for colo ?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @inthecloudblog said:
    Hope op does not care I post in his thread about something a tad different, but how about providers in European countries with cheap power and bw for colo ?

Netherlands ?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • Could be a choice if there is free incoming and cheap power . no need to hoard ipv4s

• MrGeneral said: E3/E5, shipping cost 50—70 Euros.

pfff , for this price i can move you in all europe what you want

@cociu said:

Sounds good... We should chat then! :)

• MrGeneral said: Sounds good... We should chat then! :)

really if you need help somethime i have a bussiness wich is dedicated to dellivery in all europe

Thanked by 1MikePT