Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what happened with yahoo ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

what happened with yahoo ?

cociucociu Member
edited January 2016 in General

hello , i have a email account with yahoo and in the last week i note a huge LAG of delivery to the messages. If i send a email test from gmail or any other to my yahoo acount is take more than 24 to be dellivered.

Anyone know something ?

PS i know yahoo is a shit but .... its a 20 year account so i need it .

Comments

• ehabehab Member
    edited January 2016

hi cociu,

it fine, i just sent email from yahoo to gmail and it took under 7 minutes.

20 years account, wow,an old golden email - romantic memories - :P

ehab

Thanked by 2rokok Junkless
  • @ehab said:
    hi cociu,

it fine, i just sent email from yahoo to gmail and it took under 7 minutes.

20 years account, wow,an old golden email - romantic memories - :P

Lol I have a 13 year old account I still use

Thanked by 2ManofServer doghouch
  • yahoo email account .co.uk works well ..

• MunMun Member

How many emails do you receive on a daily basis?

Most hosts limit the number of messages you can send, but yahoo may also limit the number of emails you receive if it gets over a certain amount.

• erm had the account since you were a toddler? :D

• You're born a Yahoo, you die as a Yahoo!

century1stop said: erm had the account since you were a toddler? :D

Thanked by 1century1stop
  • @GM2015 said:
    You're born a Yahoo, you die as a Yahoo!

Well, from the state of Yahoo! at the moment, it will be a nice game to see which dies first, yahoo or @cociu lol

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited January 2016

I know yahoo's search engine is powered by bing mainly, but yahoo seems to bring up different results often compared to bing.

For example, afaik, search operators work similarly.

Google's inurl is "instreamset:(url):" on bing and yahoo. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff795650.aspx Plenty of search engines that scrape bing and yahoo work with the same advanced operators.

ALinuxNinja said: Well, from the state of Yahoo! at the moment, it will be a nice game to see which dies first, yahoo or @cociu lol

• edited January 2016

@GM2015 said:
    I know yahoo's search engine is powered by bing mainly, but yahoo seems to bring up different results often compared to bing.

For example, afaik, search operators work similarly.

Google's inurl is "instreamset:(url):" on bing and yahoo. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff795650.aspx Plenty of search engines that scrape bing and yahoo work with the same advanced operators.

It's still dying though. Its just a matter of time. S&P has already cut their ratings on Yahoo! which should show you something.

Mayer is not doing as well as they hoped; Yahoo! has dropped 30% since she has been there. We well see in the upcoming months whether she steps down or the board takes action.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • i have place yesterday about 15 orders . Only now i start to recive my confirmations. 15 orders in 4 differents page , so i dont thinck all 4 is faill. I have tested yesterday to send a email from gmail and i had recived 25 hours lather ...

• and still have the same problem, anyone was experimented this ?

• alaningusalaningus Member
    edited January 2016

Yahoo -> other email address - 2 minutes

Email address -> yahoo - less than 1 minute

Sounds like your regional Yahoo server may be having issues?

[edit: this on Yahoo UK]

• cociucociu Member
    edited January 2016

alaningus said: Sounds like your regional Yahoo server may be having issues?

dont know WTF is the problem but almost all my old users created in differents page is created with this email. and for change now in all ..... i will wait 24 hours more and i will try to contact with them ....

• Using Yahoo mail for years, everything works fine here.

Email delivered within a minute, normally takes few seconds.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • Great company, founded by geek enthusiasts and ruined by a photomodel.

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • My yahoo mail is also fine under 30 sec
    gmail>Ymail
    Ymail>Gmail

• cociu said: is take more than 24 to be dellivered.

I sure hope you mean seconds! If you mean hours then I recommend you use snail mail instead. Or perhaps a courier. Seriously, if e-mail takes more than a minute or two then something is broken.

• @Ole_Juul said:

Or greylisting is enabled.

Thanked by 1lbft
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited January 2016

> @GM2015 said:

You're born a Yahoo, you die as a Yahoo!

I like Yahoo because 1) there isn't the awful sorting of emails like in Gmail and 2) blocks spam way better than Google. I don't like the dark theme, but I still like my decade old account more than Gmail (also doesn't have a stupid 15 GB email storage limit)... :)

• I suppose that I'm the only one who thinks that nothing screams unprofessional more than a free e-mail address.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • edited January 2016

@Ole_Juul said:
    I suppose that I'm the only one who thinks that nothing screams unprofessional more than a free e-mail address.

Or if your still using your email from when you were 13 and its [email protected]

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Ole_Juul said:
    I suppose that I'm the only one who thinks that nothing screams unprofessional more than a free e-mail address.

I'm with you it totally freaks me out

• simonindia said: I'm with you it totally freaks me out

People are doing it these days and I do think the OP is quite professional. I'm just old-fashioned and don't think that using popular free services looks good. However, people are even using Facebook for business pages these days so I guess I'm out of the loop. That said, some of those businesses that do use those kinds of services will miss me as a customer. Their choice.

Bottom line: When I see a Gmail or Yahoo! e-mail address for a business, I'm outa there.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • Ole_Juul said: Bottom line: When I see a Gmail or Yahoo! e-mail address for a business, I'm outa there.

I've been trying to tell local businesses about this. They love their free email!

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • doughmanes said: I've been trying to tell local businesses about this. They love their free email!

lol , i do not use this email for my bussiness , i have it from 20 years and i have many users created with this email. Never mind yet the problem seems to be reglated.

• Move to mxroute or gmail

• inthecloudblog said: Move to mxroute or gmail

lol .... no so easy , if i move i will move to a privete domain , but not interested to move xxxx users in all page

• @Ole_Juul said:

I wonder how many people with a business only email forward it to their personal one ;)

• linuxthefish said: I wonder how many people with a business only email forward it to their personal one ;)

I imagine most small or single operator business do. At least ones that don't have other people involved in the companies e-mail. It would only make sense. To me though, regardless of what a business looks like on the back end, it is important to keep a respectable and professional front.