Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

APACHE
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

APACHE

Hello,
I just got new vps.
with 256 MB RAM, 1 CPU cores,
I have some test script, which is run by cron, so every minute i get 60-70 request.

But after few minutes the Memory got full, and server is not responding.
i have modify httpd.conf and mysql config.
but still same issues.

will some one please help

Comments

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited January 2016

To fix:

step 1) remove Apache

EDIT: Radhika est stupide et ne comprend pas comment avoir un CRON à chaque seconde va lui affecter...

• Apache removal is not the solution.

• @radhika said:
    Apache removal is not the solution.

Then get more RAM

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2016

@doghouch said:
    To fix:

step 1) remove Apache

Possibly. Every time I've seen a customer run a cron like that it's been to a script that does more under the hood than they think it does, and they end up stacking the processes together because the cron executes more rapidly than the process finishes.

If that's the case, no amount of configuration will save you. Don't run a cron that executes that frequently unless you know for a fact that it can finish processing in less than the time it takes for the next run 100% of the time, or that you can handle it stacking.

• post your Mysql conf file that may help us help u

• edited January 2016

Use nginx or hiawatha instead apache. If still want to use apache, reduce maxclients. Also disable innodb in mysql.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited January 2016

@radhika said:
    Apache removal is not the solution.

Are you willing to upgrade your resources? After all, you're trying to run 60-70 clients/minute on a highly unoptimized server with a quarter of a gigabyte of RAM.

• i have already disabled innodb.

• @jarland said:
    Don't run a cron that executes that frequently unless you know for a fact that it can finish processing in less than the time it takes for the next run 100% of the time,

Or create some type of lock file so subsequent executions know the preceding job isn't done and can abort themselves.

Thanked by 2jar netomx
  • MunMun Member

You must likely are running out of memory. Check /var/log/syslog for OOM errors.

If that is the case my suggestion is to increase you memory allocation.

Or you could try replacing apache with nginx.

• Hey,
    I got one professional help, they have charged me @ 10 USD.
    It works.
    BEFORE usage goes down to 100 MB and cpu core usages is also low.

please some one tell how can i see which files they modified?
    so i can share the tweaked modified file with this community.?

• radhika said: please some one tell how can i see which files they modified? so i can share the tweaked modified file with this community.?

Why not ask him instead?

• Why? You could have downloaded more ram instead: http://downloadmoreram.com/

Thanked by 2GM2015 alaningus
  • JustAMacUser said:

Or create some type of lock file so subsequent executions know the preceding job isn't done and can abort themselves.

You can do this with flock.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@radhika said:
    please some one tell how can i see which files they modified?
    so i can share the tweaked modified file with this community.?

Wow. So you don't know what a 3rd party has modified in the server ? Good security approach.