Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with cPanel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with cPanel

Hello.

I'm looking for cheapest VPS server with cPanel. It should have about 768MB of RAM. If you have any alternative of cPanel - feel free to replay.

Thanks.

Comments

• @nalkubaxd5 said:
    Hello.

I'm looking for cheapest VPS server with cPanel. It should have about 768MB of RAM. If you have any alternative of cPanel - feel free to replay.

Thanks.

Consider just a VPS from any provider with vestacp?

• Well... Its should not be fly-by-night provider. Every hour of downtime is a big loss for me.

This panel looks ok... but on screens. Is it as good as on screens?

• JunklessJunkless Member
    edited January 2016

Cpanel needs around 1 GB RAM to run properly. So choose the specs accordingly

• nalkubaxd5 said: Well... Its should not be fly-by-night provider. Every hour of downtime is a big loss for me.

Want cheapest VPS too?

Go with a $20-30/mo dedicated server, virtualize the server with OVZ/Xen/KVM/whatever, and setup a cPanel VPS to utilize a VPS license.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@nalkubaxd5 said:
    Every hour of downtime is a big loss for me.

@nalkubaxd5 said:
    I'm looking for cheapest VPS server with cPanel.

It doesn't work that way.

• VestaCP with Linode plus paying extra for Linode snapshots always worked well for me on personal projects, though if this is for anything mission critical I'd always recommend a commercial panel, if you do opt for CPanel you will need to choose a more powerful machine.

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

@doughmanes said:
    Go with a $20-30/mo dedicated server, virtualize the server with OVZ/Xen/KVM/whatever, and setup a cPanel VPS to utilize a VPS license.

Great suggestion - I don't know why more people don't do that

• SSDBlaze said: I don't know why more people don't do that

It falls within the rules and there's no difference between the licenses as far as I know. I've done this to L5420 and lower end E3 boxes basically assigning all the server resources to one VM.

• What is your budget?

• MrPsychoMrPsycho Member
    edited January 2016

I understand that I won't find a a VPS for $1 or $2 of course. By saying "cheapest" I mean the cheapest VPS that can handle a cPanel/VestaCP and will work most of the time.

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

Sent a PM

• try https://hostedbilling.net/blesta/index.php/order/main/index/KVM 99.98% uptime SLA, cPanel will need 1GB RAM for optimum performance

• If you can afford to login SSH, and write down a FEW lines of code (mostly copy pasta), then take a look at these alternatives https://helgesverre.com/blog/free-alternatives-to-cpanel/

You will end up with something way cheaper than paying a 15$ license for cPanel (And your provider range will also increase)

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited January 2016

VestaCP could be installed in a 512MB vps, even less with a hack depending on the load of the server, the traffic, if you want email etc.
    So, the real question is what will you use your server for and what will the load be. In general, a 768 of RAM will do fine with vesta.
    Not, if even an hour of downtime is so critical for you, you should setup a failover cluster. Having at least 2 identical boxes, the first as main server and the second as mirror server. The first server will continuously synchronize with the second. Then, you have to setup rd, small but extremely reliable vps for a failover dns. And of course, a backup server.

TL'DR

nalkubaxd5 said: I'm looking for cheapest VPS server with cPanel

nalkubaxd5 said: Every hour of downtime is a big loss for me.

Clouvider said: It doesn't work that way.

• MrPsychoMrPsycho Member
    edited January 2016

Thanks for replays.

I think I have found nice VPS with 1GB RAM. For now I'm testing VestaCP, it's quite embroiled, but probably it's due to my low awareness. In next few days I'll test Ajenty and Froxlor.

Thank you for for providing some good panels. :)

@jvnadr

nalkubaxd5 said: I understand that I won't find a a VPS for $1 or $2 of course. By saying "cheapest" I mean the cheapest VPS that can handle a cPanel/VestaCP and will work most of the time.

• We can offer a super high availability service for you, but not super cheap. If you're very caring for downtime, and willing to increase your budget, PM me. Also, you need more RAM for cPanel.