Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS in Atlanta w/ DDoS protection for GRE tunnel.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS in Atlanta w/ DDoS protection for GRE tunnel.

dailydaily Member
edited January 2016 in Requests

Hi there, as the topic says I'm looking for a VPS located in Atlanta for the use of a GRE tunnel so that we can negate DDoS attacks as my current provider does not.

128MB RAM

A good amount of bandwidth, at least 3 TB at 1 Gbit. This might have to be upgraded later, although I would consider offers at unmetered bandwidth at 100mbps.

Other than that, the specs don't matter too much. Just as long as it won't be null routed.

Budget: I'm not sure how much to be honest considering the bandwidth, if someone could point me in a good direction, thanks.

Comments

• Ramnode + Staminus(?) DDoS protected IP is the only one I can really think of. Depending on where the filtering happens, BuyVM NJ + Voxility may be quicker.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @mikeyur said:
    Ramnode + Staminus(?) DDoS protected IP is the only one I can really think of. Depending on where the filtering happens, BuyVM NJ + Voxility may be quicker.

Yeah, it is just difficult because latency is important due to game servers. Thanks though! I'll be looking into them.

• how does a ddos protected vps with gre-tunnel compare to a ddos protected vps tunneling through autossh?

I've never done gre-tunneling.

• @dailymc said:
    Yeah, it is just difficult because latency is important due to game servers. Thanks though! I'll be looking into them.

I don't know anyone that does the filtering in ATL in the low end market. Those are the two cheaper (low end) US hosts offering DDoS protection for a few bucks.

• @GM2015 said:
    how does a ddos protected vps with gre-tunnel compare to a ddos protected vps tunneling through autossh?

I've never done gre-tunneling.

I've actually never heard of autossh.. is it worth checking out?

• http://www.everythingcli.org/ssh-tunnelling-for-fun-and-profit-autossh/

same as local port or remote port forwarding, it's just that the software reconnects the tunnel if it drops or loses connectivity, instead of relying on cron jobs and bash scripts

dailymc said: I've actually never heard of autossh.. is it worth checking out?

• I can do something for you

Thanked by 2daily GM2015
  • @GM2015 said:

Ah, the way you put it AutoSSH sounds a lot more reliable.

• @chairhosting

TableHosting said: I can do something for you

• @TableHosting said:
    I can do something for you

How much to collocate a table?

• @TableHosting said:
    I can do something for you

Ooh, while you're here. I've got this lovely end table, what are your rates per U?